violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

The early live version was rad but my biggest criticism of AMSP is that songs like Ful Stop and Identikit don't really suit the production style of the album. Identikit is still cool even if it's a mess but Ful Stop sounds so neutered to me, where more ethereal stuff like Glass Eyes and Daydreaming really flourish

Yes - definitely agree with all this.

The early live version was rad but my biggest criticism of AMSP is that songs like Ful Stop and Identikit don't really suit the production style of the album. Identikit is still cool even if it's a mess but Ful Stop sounds so neutered to me, where more ethereal stuff like Glass Eyes and Daydreaming really flourish

Pretty much yeah. They're cool versions, but the bootlegs gave me so much more joy. Makes me fear I'll never get the version I want of Skirting, which has pretty much already been perfected live...

Same with Treefingers...

I actually can't imagine Kid A without it...

It may seem like a filler piece, but it is actually a beautiful interlude from the first half of the album to the second.

It's almost like Radiohead purposely puts these pieces on each record as a sort of intermezzo, but they are necessary, not superfluous.

yep.

even as standalone songs, they're gorgeous.

yep.

even as standalone songs, they're gorgeous.

Idk man. I think those interlude songs work because they are on an album. I mean....on their own you have (I think - if my definition is the same as everyone else)

Fitter Happier

Tree Fingers

Pulk Pull

Feral

None of those work for me on their own.

Live Feral works just fine and I love it.

Glass Eyes doesn't deserve the negative connotation of an interlude. It's a standalone and length doesn't matter - that's what she said.

Faust Arp is samezy as Glass Eyes.

The four "interlude" songs are kind of purposefully driven to be excentuate or highlight the major theme(s) of the album or meant to tie it all together. They nearly require a greater album context to appreciate.

Put it to you another way - none of those would work for me as single released b sides or whatever.

Fitter Happier is balls

Is that a compliment?

Balls are not a compliment. Nobody likes balls. They are sweaty under carriages of saggy flesh with sprouts of twangy hair. Balls are like natures bastard child. Purposeful but ignored. You have to constantly move them because they somehow always find a way to lodge themselves into awkward or unwarranted crevices.

Balls are the spirt genitalia of Mr. Magoo and have about the same physical look.

Calling anything balls is about the worst compliment you can give someone.

Did you mean tits? Now that I could see as complimentary.

AMnn3w.gif

all great songs

Yes but I really think it's a case of these are great songs in the context they were placed.

Had these been b sides or gone the route of a one off single like harry patch or TAMTW - I find it hard to believe these are all that appreciated.

Yes but I really think it's a case of these are great songs in the context they were placed.

Had these been b sides or gone the route of a one off single like harry patch or TAMTW - I find it hard to believe these are all that appreciated.

that may be true for treefingers but the other three are always going to be top tier for me no matter the context.

they are all strong favorites.

Idk man. I think those interlude songs work because they are on an album. I mean....on their own you have (I think - if my definition is the same as everyone else)

Fitter Happier

Tree Fingers

Pulk Pull

Feral

None of those work for me on their own.

Live Feral works just fine and I love it.

Glass Eyes doesn't deserve the negative connotation of an interlude. It's a standalone and length doesn't matter - that's what she said.

Faust Arp is samezy as Glass Eyes.

The four "interlude" songs are kind of purposefully driven to be excentuate or highlight the major theme(s) of the album or meant to tie it all together. They nearly require a greater album context to appreciate.

Put it to you another way - none of those would work for me as single released b sides or whatever.

i see what you're saying.

in regards to Fitter Happier-  i agree.

but the others all work for me as standalone songs.

i mean- pulk/pull isn't even an interlude song on Amnesiac.

that would be Hunting Bears.

i see what you're saying.

in regards to Fitter Happier- i agree.

but the others all work for me as standalone songs.

i mean- pulk/pull isn't even an interlude song on Amnesiac.

that would be Hunting Bears.

Oh shit. Right on. I forgot about Hunting Bears.

Considering it's probably my favourite Radiohead album, and probably one of my favourite albums of all time, I'm still surprised every time I listen to it by how little I like the first two songs...

The rest flows perfectly, but I've never been a massive fan of either '15 Step' or 'Bodysnatchers'.

Come at me.

Well, let me be the first ...

Bodysnatchers especially I find thrilling - it was (I believe) recorded 'live' - ie whole band together - and it has a raw feeling to it.  The guitar parts especially towards the end are fabulous.  Top 3 / 4 song on my favourite RH record.

Considering it's probably my favourite Radiohead album, and probably one of my favourite albums of all time, I'm still surprised every time I listen to it by how little I like the first two songs...

The rest flows perfectly, but I've never been a massive fan of either '15 Step' or 'Bodysnatchers'.

Come at me.

I love both songs individually, but I don't think that they flow well into one another and probably shouldn't be opening the album.

tits are not complimentary, they're bigger than balls, they get hairy and leaky and sweaty, they get heavy and sore. tits are balls.

You're out of your fucking mind. 1/2 of the entire population of humanity bows to the power of tits.

They are life giving, poetry inspiring, and libido uplifting bouncy bits of love and all the hope of the universe.

You can't compare tits and balls. It's just not even a fair fight.

You're out of your fucking mind. 1/2 of the entire population of humanity bows to the power of tits.

They are life giving, poetry inspiring, and libido uplifting bouncy bits of love and all the hope of the universe.

truth.

truth.

this sucks guys