violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

Imma do Kid A

EIIRP - 10/10, Weird and hypnotic and atmospheric, it could be twice as long and I wouldn't get bored

Kid A - 10/10, One of the most wonderful pieces of electric music I've heard

The National Anthem - Probably one of the most fun Radiohead songs, it's just a riot to listen to

HTDC - It still gets me, the sliding string/synth riff is super iconic to me and Thom's vocal performance is perfect

Treefingers - Surprisingly listenable and intricate for an ambient interlude

Optimistic - Has grown on me more over time, it's funny how it's the most standard rock song on there but it's produced like an electronic song, it's all super bassy

In Limbo - I'd be lying if I said I went out of my way to listen to it but I think it sits well on the album as a kinda weird meandering song

Idioteque - Kinda novelty dance song but super catchy chorus and generally great lyrics

Morning Bell - Love it, but I love the Amnesiac version more maybe

Motion Picture Soundtrack - 10/10, Beautiful, great lyrics, great classic Disney harps, I lovelovelove it

So yeah best album ever :rejoice:

one of my all time least favorite insipid filler tracks.

dull as dishwater. i skip it every time. the band that recorded idioteque should be ashamed of themselves for putting such drivel on an album.

You crazy.

But this is how I kind of feel about Faust Arp. It is pretty and I really don't have a problem with it, per se. But it could just totally disappear and I would never miss it. Many of the "filler" songs on RH albums I fight for. But FA just doesn't need to be there. I would have loved Go Slowly or something from disc 2 there instead

Imma do Kid A

EIIRP - 10/10, Weird and hypnotic and atmospheric, it could be twice as long and I wouldn't get bored

Kid A - 10/10, One of the most wonderful pieces of electric music I've heard

The National Anthem - Probably one of the most fun Radiohead songs, it's just a riot to listen to

HTDC - It still gets me, the sliding string/synth riff is super iconic to me and Thom's vocal performance is perfect

Treefingers - Surprisingly listenable and intricate for an ambient interlude

Optimistic - Has grown on me more over time, it's funny how it's the most standard rock song on there but it's produced like an electronic song, it's all super bassy

In Limbo - I'd be lying if I said I went out of my way to listen to it but I think it sits well on the album as a kinda weird meandering song

Idioteque - Kinda novelty dance song but super catchy chorus and generally great lyrics

Morning Bell - Love it, but I love the Amnesiac version more maybe

Motion Picture Soundtrack - 10/10, Beautiful, great lyrics, great classic Disney harps, I lovelovelove it

So yeah best album ever :rejoice:

pretty much agree across the board. most are 10/10. a bunch are even better than that.

not a huge HTDC fan. not my cup of tea. tolerable. won't go out of my way to criticize it too hard.

*includes some thoughts from when it first came out.*

EIIRP -                             10/10 -- AMAZING!!! What is this new sound i've been waiting for all my life?!?
Kid A -                              10/10, "One of the most wonderful pieces of electric music I've heard"
The National Anthem -     10/10   Peak Radiohead. Best of the Best!!
HTDC -                                         Why is this on this album? ugh.
Treefingers -                                 Love it!
Optimistic -                        10/10 Best of the Best. Peak Radiohead!!
In Limbo -                          10/10 Sometimes they do it right.
Idioteque -                         10/10 What The Fuck!! Holy Shit this is so FUCKING AWESOME!!!
Morning Bell -                    10/10 "Love it, but I love the Amnesiac version more maybe"
Motion Picture Soundtrack -         Again, sometimes they do it right.

Gen Children                      10/10  "What the hell where did that sound come from?"

What is "Gen Children"?

Asking for a friend.

Edit: nvm he googled it. Dumbass.

Whys it called Gen Children. Again, asking for same friend.

I think it's a fan title for it, but not sure from where. Anywhere official it's just Untitled. I still consider it to be part of MPS really.

Faust Arp is one of the best tracks on IR.

The indifference and dislike towards it is kinda baffling.

Same with Glass Eyes.

It's a top 3 song for me on AMSP for me.

You guys need to appreciate these beautifully subtle but elegant songs.

They aren't filler.

Being short does not equal "filler".

They serve a purpose and, compositionally speaking, are fantastic.

They likely spend just as much work on these songs as anything else on their respective albums. 

Same with Treefingers...

I actually can't imagine Kid A without it...

It may seem like a filler piece, but it is actually a beautiful interlude from the first half of the album to the second.

It's almost like Radiohead purposely puts these pieces on each record as a sort of intermezzo, but they are necessary, not superfluous.

Hey! I like Ful Stop!

Ful Stop should have been on TKOL. It seems more in line with that albums feng shui as opposed to AMSP. It's an odd choice for that album.

I like that song a lot but it's really fuckin odd on an album as emotionally and cinematically driven as AMSP.

The early live version was rad but my biggest criticism of AMSP is that songs like Ful Stop and Identikit don't really suit the production style of the album. Identikit is still cool even if it's a mess but Ful Stop sounds so neutered to me, where more ethereal stuff like Glass Eyes and Daydreaming really flourish