violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

I just don't even understand how they can be considered the same song.

The old reckoner became not even a RH song.

This isn't like a nude or videotape discussion, where the band played around with the composition of a song a bit. THEY CHANGED THE ENTIRE SONG. ITS NOT THE SAME SONG

exactly.

Reckoner is a 10

Yes... Trolling big time...

So which version are you referring to?

The old version is a 10, while the IR version is horrible?

You can't play both sides...

Choose.

pff. 15 step wins so big. reckoner took too long for me. unacceptable. like only 1.5 year ago it clicked. in a weak moment, at that.

you used to be alright, thomWhats.

nah, not at all.

it's an entirely different song.

they didn't "ruin" anything.

they just kept the name.

people need to understand that.

it's AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SONG.

the early "reckoner" is cool but it's way better as Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses.

Anything that incites a passionate response like this is too good to leave alone

I didn't think the quote was that passionate. Even more sedated when compared to the usual MT fodder. But there are 24 hrs in a day so I guess you gotta make use of them how you will.

Speaking of IR and anniversaries- didn't Nigel say the IR sessions are loaded with a potential OKNOTOK level of material?

Really hoping in 10 years we get some amazing insight into the music from that time period. Along with FTB and/or Scotch Mist bloopers and outtakes.

Favorite part from the "from the basement" recordings was when Thom was making fun of Jonny for being busy checking emails or something to that effect.

Really hoping in 10 years we get some amazing insight into the music from that time period.

from what i've heard those sessions were difficult on a lot of levels. they have clearly recovered and strengthened since then, and i don't care to know anything personal that they have been tight-lipped about, but i sure would like to hear an hour of soundscapes from that era. they must know that kid a and amnesiac are masterpieces, and anything musical they can add to the collection would be fantastic fer the fans.

If I say 'they fucked Reckoner' as a joke and everyone takes it seriously why on earth wouldn't I run with it? It's like my third favourite Radiohead song

I thought it was pretty funny

I didn't think the quote was that passionate. Even more sedated when compared to the usual MT fodder. But there are 24 hrs in a day so I guess you gotta make use of them how you will.

Speaking of IR and anniversaries- didn't Nigel say the IR sessions are loaded with a potential OKNOTOK level of material?

Really hoping in 10 years we get some amazing insight into the music from that time period. Along with FTB and/or Scotch Mist bloopers and outtakes.

Favorite part from the "from the basement" recordings was when Thom was making fun of Jonny for being busy checking emails or something to that effect.

lol yeah it wasn't really passionate at all.