violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

Studio Bangers is one of the weirdest things they’ve done, kind of in a good way and in a bad way. It doesn’t really sound like anything that anyone has ever done (that I’ve heard anyways) but it didn’t really capture the energy of the live version, which is not generally a problem that Radiohead have

...  it didn’t really capture the energy of the live version, which is not generally a problem that Radiohead have

as an exception to this, i think the D2 version of down is the new up is the best they could do with it. (i like it it's good!) but all the live versions i've heard were clunky and not very good. the thom solo ftb is ok but bare bones.

which, all this makes me think that they must work really hard to get their songs to work. and sometimes they fail or give up. which humanizes them to me.

they have songs i don't like, but for the most part they are finished, polished,and fully explored final versions. ditnu seems like they never figured out what to do with it to make it awesome live. and they never played it live after IR was released.

as an exception to this, i think the D2 version of down is the new up is the best they could do with it. (i like it it's good!) but all the live versions i've heard were clunky and not very good. the thom solo ftb is ok but bare bones.

which, all this makes me think that they must work really hard to get their songs to work. and sometimes they fail or give up. which humanizes them to me.

they have songs i don't like, but for the most part they are finished, polished,and fully explored final versions. ditnu seems like they never figured out what to do with it to make it awesome live. and they never played it live after IR was released.

I always liked it live but agree the studio version is the best. I wonder if that’s why they never played it live since, but have they played any Disc 2 songs live since?

ftb bangers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.studio bangers

No way, as someone already mentioned, Thom sounds too out of breath.

Plus Jonny doesn't plays it a little differently and Colin doesn't do that cool bass riff during the breakdown.

It feels rushed.

It's a cool version but doesn't have the crazy vibe that the IR Disk 2 version does.

I always liked it live but agree the studio version is the best. I wonder if that’s why they never played it live since, but have they played any Disc 2 songs live since?

had to look it up on setlist fm.

since D2's release:

go slowly a bunch of times

bangers a bunch of times

up on the ladder once at 93 feet east (thom solo)

had to look it up on setlist fm.

since D2's release:

go slowly a bunch of times

bangers a bunch of times

up on the ladder once at 93 feet east (thom solo)

Those were all on the 2008 tour, right?

go slowly and b&m were each played twice in 2009 -- and that was the last times for both

go slowly:

Pista Atlética Estadio Nacional, Santiago
March 27, 2009
Quilmes Rock 2009
March 24, 2009

B&M

Cytadela, Poznań
August 25, 2009
Výstavište, Prague
August 23, 2009