violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

Louis CK has admitted that the accusations are true...

FX has cut ties with him.

Yep... Guilty AF!

So as I was saying... Not a good example to use for making your point...

Louis CK has admitted that the accusations are true...

FX has cut ties with him.

Yep... Guilty AF!

So as I was saying... Not a good example to use for making your point...

yep, he's guilty.

it's all very sad and disheartening.

he clearly has issues.

i read the NY Times article.

anyway, him being guilty has NOTHING to do with my earlier point-  my point was that he and several other comedians stopped playing campuses due to hyper sensitive PC culture.

which is real and exists.

he was just one of a few comedians i mentioned.

so......again- him being a pervert is irrelevant to my point.

this is not about anyone taking offense, it's about bad drooly posts about boobs

there was only one post and it was in jest.

made by someone else.

and what was said had truth to it.

the end.

get over it.

you guys see Warren Lain's video about his obsession with videotape being syncopated? i really enjoyed it, as a Warren fan/follower. but then I saw a modern style sensationalist review about videotape's syncopation, and they turned it into this absolutely genius over-the-top prowess, as though it was a major revelation, but their angle on it was so sterile, it ruined it.

we have such jewel versions of this song, i like all its declensions. on the album, it's so crisp and intimate.

Yeah I saw that Gnoggi, or something about it being syncopated anyway

Scrumch the general jist is that despite the piano line appearing simple, it's actually really hard for Thom to play because the chords are played slightly off the beat, but the studio version of the song doesn't have a beat to play against so it's hard to hear. It's clearer in the early live versions when the drums kick in at the end

Yeah I saw that Gnoggi, or something about it being syncopated anyway

Scrumch the general jist is that despite the piano line appearing simple, it's actually really hard for Thom to play because the chords are played slightly off the beat, but the studio version of the song doesn't have a beat to play against so it's hard to hear. It's clearer in the early live versions when the drums kick in at the end

Ah, makes sense. I love some of the early versions, especially with the electric guitar. But despite "playing" the guitar, I'm afraid music theory has gone right over my head.

I was thinking about ranking the songs on the album as I was listening to it yesterday while I ran...

These are just my personal rankings of the songs...Worst to best...

10. Faust Arp

9. Videotape

8. All I Need

7. House of Cards

6. 15 Step

5. Nude

4. Bodysnatchers

3. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

2. Reckoner

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

How would you rank the songs?

I like Faust Arp...Don't get me wrong...However, it is more like an interlude or intermezzo piece to me. It's cute, lilting...I like the lyrics...

When I say it is the "worst" that is deceiving because IR is my second favorite Radiohead album, so it isn't last by any means...Plus, it is a Radiohead piece which automatically lifts it into the stratosphere in comparison with other bands...

However, the other pieces on IR just seem to dwarf it.

Plus...it goes into Reckoner...I mean, how is it supposed to compete with that?? B)

Faust Arp on the bottom of many lists always baffles me. It's near the top for me.

There is nothing special about the song to me. It is kinda fun, I guess. But it just does nothing for me, at least relative to many of RH's other songs.

Reckoner

House of Cards

Arpeggi

15 Step

Nude

Bodysnatchers

Jigsaw

Videotape

All I Need

Faust Arp

15 Step through to Jigsaw could be any order really. 10.0 record though. House of Cards seems to polarize.

For a moment I interpreted this as they can be in any order but Videotape is definitely 8th