Sign in to follow this  
❤♡❤

snyder's superman films

isn't the problem more that the films are absolutely terrible rather than any RT consensus

I don't have a problem with them being rated poorly, but the fact they are rated in the first place

we seek consensus, but to no real benefit. all it does is limit our experience and fill our head with noise, and make it more difficult to have an honest reaction to something

RT and metacritic take advantage of that instinct to rank and file culture as if it were product (it's not), severely dulling discourse

our relationship with film, music, etc. is never over. it should always be changing, and be open

a diminished, company man snyder, reduced even further by the contributions of whedon who does everything he can to homogenise and undercut what came before

I mean it's a complete slap in the face that not even clark's theme made it through. this is a reboot in all but the actors themselves. it's unrecognisable as a snyder film other a few brief action moments that have some inventiveness. he gave them the avengers and they got it

obviously nobody likes mos or bvs. but for someone who does, this was a horrible experience

BvS had elements that I liked

that's the problem with all these innit, they basically all have good elements - even suicide squad - but they're so poorly edited and put together that it's lost

a diminished, company man snyder, reduced even further by the contributions of whedon who does everything he can to homogenise and undercut what came before

I mean it's a complete slap in the face that not even clark's theme made it through. this is a reboot in all but the actors themselves. it's unrecognisable as a snyder film other a few brief action moments that have some inventiveness. he gave them the avengers and they got it

obviously nobody likes mos or bvs. but for someone who does, this was a horrible experience

You get the sense that maybe Snyder’s version had Clark’s story intact and it was entirely cut in reshoots, which by the way were phenomenally distracting with the terrible mustache coverup CGI

Yeah this was a disappointing movie even after bvs

I have big problems with the portrayal of Superman in the previous films, but the completion of the evolution of Superman from the troubled guy to, essentially, normal Superman in this film would have been worth seeing through and could have been interesting and potentially powerful. So that was a real bummer. It's a shame a Snyder was replaced with Whedon in the end

i cant imagine what its like to be disappointed by a super hero movie at this point, let alone a DC super hero movie.  wonder woman was as horrible a cinematic experience as they come, not to mention disgusting as a political message.  BvS was a grim slog.  joss whedon's schtick lost its charm around the time of avengers 2, so i cant imagine him half assing a DC super hero movie could induce any expectation above dinosaur bones.

i'll see it, though, out of curiousity, and because i still usually have a good time watching these shit movies.  and because i got movie pass!  so movies are free!

that's the problem with all these innit, they basically all have good elements - even suicide squad - but they're so poorly edited and put together that it's lost

I think whoever is editing these needs a lot of blame that's for sure. All these movies were badly structured . They want a marvel movie with a Nolan darkness and edge but to piece that together is incredibly difficult. Maybe Blade / blade 2 are the only ones I can think of that can get that fun superhero movie mixed with dark elements

I like the characters in the dcu , I just don't like their situations.

Think the best thing for everyone involved is to cut the dcu apart. This isn't a universe they can fix anymore.

Let the new batman movie be reboot again.

Aquaman is going to have trouble

Wonder Woman will be a decent standalone franchise

The rest are fucked

Harley Quinn I want to see more of

And this supposed separate joker movie produced by Scorsese I definitely fucks with