skylark

The Tape Thread

This is news to me.  I did not know that Fitter Happier voice is actually Stanley Donwood. Why after all these years, I never wonder about whose voice that was.

Radiohead was doing Animal Collective before Animal Collective was even a thing.    Check out "TLW Space Loops"     And then check out "Peacebone"  by AC.

This is news to me.  I did not know that Fitter Happier voice is actually Stanley Donwood. Why after all these years, I never wonder about whose voice that was.

Radiohead was doing Animal Collective before Animal Collective was even a thing.    Check out "TLW Space Loops"     And then check out "Peacebone"  by AC.

I don't know that it's him reading it or that he's the Fitter Happier voice. I mean, could well be, but I honestly took this to mean he wrote what was being read in the Bid Bird story.

More importantly, I trust someone out there has the skills to cut some of these songs out into individual tracks? And then upload them for the rest of us? The whole thing is cool, but I'm going to need to listen to that MPS and Let Down a lot more and don't need to be fast-forwarding to get to them every time.  I'm a sucker for bare-bones and acoustic versions of things. And I'm one of those few that liked the acoustic MPS better than the album version already (treason, I know, but the organ/harps thing is just not my thing, which sucks because lyrically, I think MPS is one of the very best).

Off to listen to Side B now...

More importantly, I trust someone out there has the skills to cut some of these songs out into individual tracks? And then upload them for the rest of us?

Ha I did! But I dunno how to upload it :/ Just run it through Audacity and cut them

has anyone found a download link thats 320kbps of the cassette tape that actually has the songs split so that you can skip tracks?

i've already downloaded the cassette and have been enjoying it.

but i need it in a format where i can skip songs.

has anyone found a download link thats 320kbps of the cassette tape that actually has the songs split so that you can skip tracks?

i've already downloaded the cassette and have been enjoying it.

but i need it in a format where i can skip songs.

This

Finally listened to the tape today. The MPS hype is pretty much justified - awesome performance that gave me a new appreciation for the song. I miss the added instrumentation but I think I like it more than the Kid A version

The other bits are all interesting, mostly in a "this is how Radiohead works" kind of way. The best examples being Nude and The National Anthem, which are just astoundingly inferior to the final versions. I'm disappointed by the live Man of War track, which is basically the same version as what we finally got on the "album" version - it doesn't add much

Lots of talk here and in the OKNOTOK thread about what a genius Thom is, but I feel that's belying the contribution of the rest of the band. He is a genius songwriter, no doubt, and many of the OKC songs were very well sketched out by him alone... but that's similar to what we know about everything they've done since, too. But the compositions/arrangements of the songs on the album elevate them tremendously - basically, they're the difference between being good/great and being a fucking masterpiece

Of the download links I could find, they were blocked by Sky Broadband (who we're with). So when I thought there was no hope... citizen insane saves the day! Listening to some of the stuff on the tape for the first time rn.

God that MPS Demo is amazing.

alli have to say is

bah dah dah dah, dah dah dah

bah dah dah dah, dah dah dah

Sorry for the spam guys, but listening to these for the first time and I'm overcome with joy and excitement. The Nude demo is awesome (the "you'll go to hell part" espiclally)

Those different chords in (final chorus of the) the No Surprises soundcheck are lovely

Yeah! It's beautiful. So sweet.

Also, the old lyrics on no surprises, and the old chorus on nude. Thom's lyrics were very sexual

I know, right? I know I'll have the track where Thom screams for a few minutes on repeat.

:lol:

hey so is this a high quality download?

and does it  come with that cute little tape cassette artwork?

:lol:

hey so is this a high quality download?

and does it  come with that cute little tape cassette artwork?

It's an Mp3. Not sure if that is up to your standards. And it does come with the artwork.