• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Paranoid Android snippets are really interesting. You can hear the song being written.

Nude is cool. It's a bare bones synth version. Opening kind of sounds like an acoustic version of creep.

Also, the mystery is solved on that one sound bite in MPIE. It's on side B.

the other day i went to this funky bar place and they were playing kid a on shuffle over the speakers and it was fine while in limbo and morning bell were playing, but then htdc and mps came up and the mood in the place got conspicuously sad

the other day i went to this funky bar place and they were playing kid a on shuffle over the speakers and it was fine while in limbo and morning bell were playing, but then htdc and mps came up and the mood in the place got conspicuously sad

:lol:

that reminds me of this time my friend and i went to this chicken n wings bar.

it was in a real conservative  city and the scene was all bros and WASPs.

anyway they had a jukebox and we saw In Rainbows was in it for some weird reason.

it was pretty crowded and happening with all the ubiquitous football games on etc.

anyway, we put on Videotape as a prank to see what would happen.

sure enough the vibe changed and it got quiet and someone ended up turning it off, hahaha.

this electronic version of CUTW is interesting.

i like the vocals and how up-front they are.

someone mentioned how its interesting that Ed's parts were already played on this demo version.

thom really had a vision.

kinda makes me sad though cuz if that's the case with a lot of their songs then thom is pretty much writing everything.

i don't know.

obviously Ed put his touch on the OKC version and all but, you know.

this old version of Nude is cool to hear but it's definitely inferior.

the organ and all that just sounds a little hokey and would've sounded very primitive for them.

didn't care for it.

now this old version of The National Anthem is fucking nuts.   Honestly other than Thom, it doesn't even sound like the band.........it sounds super 90s stoner rock.

it's fun though.

man.

to go from this to the KID A version is quite the trajectory.

after hearing so many old versions of their songs over the years i feel like in 99% cases that the band made the right decisions in their album versions.