MSepol

Ed's first solo album?

About time indeed. I also think an album with Brazilian influences would be interesting. I just hope he will have some sort of experimental approach (he's the effects guy, after all), instead of simply releasing a laid-back bossa-nova/acoustic album.

Whatever he releases, I'm positive it will be cool. 

i wouldn't necessarily take from that (old) article that his solo album will have Brazilian influences.

Either way, we're more than halfway through the year.

And they're still touring.

I wonder if it'll still come out this year.

i wouldn't necessarily take from that (old) article that his solo album will have Brazilian influences.

Either way, we're more than halfway through the year.

And they're still touring.

I wonder if it'll still come out this year.

It might, but if you order from waste, call it 2019.

It might, but if you order from waste, call it 2019.

:lol:

..........sigh.

:angry: ain't that the fucking truth.

i wonder if you and i will ever get OUR GODDAMN FUCKING CDSDFLGHJOUREHGOUERHGJLKBDJFHGRGH9RETY423874687234G

I'm actually far more interested in Ed's solo album only because I know what Thom is capable of and we all expect it.

But Ed? This is why curiosity killed the cat but we're not the cat, we're the curiosity.

I'm actually far more interested in Ed's solo album only because I know what Thom is capable of and we all expect it.

But Ed? This is why curiosity killed the cat but we're not the cat, we're the curiosity.

what? lol

yeah i posted that earlier.

fuck i hope it's next year, even late next year.

i was hoping it'd be this year but oh well.

i'm kinda surprised and disappointed he had someone else do lead guitar and that there was even a need for such a thing.

strange.

yeah i posted that earlier.

fuck i hope it's next year, even late next year.

i was hoping it'd be this year but oh well.

i'm kinda surprised and disappointed he had someone else do lead guitar and that there was even a need for such a thing.

strange.

He's mates with Dave Okumu from The Invisible, so not that surprising he's got him on board playing second guitar.

I think the album won't be overtly Brazilian, bossa-nova, samba, or generally Latin sounding in tone. At least not as much as some people would expect. 

I mainly think Ed is inspired by the polyrhythms and heavy grooves of the carnival music he experienced while in brazil. So, i think he'll show his influences through his rhythmic songwriting. I don't expect him to release ten songs of Brazilian carnival music. I don't expect his music to fall so neatly into that genre. But, maybe i'll be surprised. 

I think the album won't be overtly Brazilian, bossa-nova, samba, or generally Latin sounding in tone. At least not as much as some people would expect. 

I mainly think Ed is inspired by the polyrhythms and heavy grooves of the carnival music he experienced while in brazil. So, i think he'll show his influences through his rhythmic songwriting. I don't expect him to release ten songs of Brazilian carnival music. I don't expect his music to fall so neatly into that genre. But, maybe i'll be surprised. 

yeah, my thoughts too.

it'll be rhythmic but i know it'll also be ambient too.

i can't wait.

he has a good voice.

He's got some serious musos on board: Omar Hakim (drums) and Nathan East (bass). Plus, with Flood and Catherine Marks behind the boards, I imagine it'll be a big-sounding production.

Looking forward to this!