Fast Tracker

Thom + Nigel speak out on Israel. Shit hits big fan.

why don't you go back and actually read all the good, nuanced (!) posts made by randy and others in this thread instead of just ignoring them categorically?

why don't you go back and actually read all the good, nuanced (!) posts made by randy and others in this thread instead of just ignoring them categorically?

why don't you take your own advice?

why don't you address the questions and points i've made in my last few posts?

why is it always deflection and personal attacks with you?

I still think Lil Wayne is more culturally relevant than Radiohead now (or REM, for that matter). So instead of continuing on with this pressure to get them to cancel which they clearly aren't at this late date- we should start working on Young Tune.

At least if Lil Wayne cancelled itd get a lot more play on social media and open doors for BDS that have heretofore never been explored.

Imagine if you got Beyoncé and Wayne and Taylor Swift talking down Israel?

Better than a bunch of old stubborn rockers with homeless beards that are champions of 21st century apartheid.

why don't you take your own advice?

why don't you address the questions and points i've made in my last few posts?

why is it always deflection and personal attacks with you?

because it's already been addressed in this thread (ie any post by randy marsh), trying to recycle the same convo is a waste of time

The biggest problem is that Radiohead have refused to engage with BDS or their arguments.

Aside from the insults, Thom has presented two justifications.

1) Playing in a country does not indicate support for the government.

2) BDS is divisive.

BDS have pointed out the clear problems with these justifications.

1) The mass abuse of Palestinians is not the result of one government. It is a feature of the Israeli state since its inception and, therefore, amounts to systemic state abuse and repression. There is a difference between the policies of an individual government, and repressive state apparatus that has existed unchallenged, within Israel, for close to 70 years.

2) Palestinians living in Gaza and the West Bank are already physically divided from the rest of the country. The cannot move freely, and do not have access to basic goods and infrastructures necessary to live. This is not an accident, but an intended result of the occupation.

My opinion is that the band didn't want to engage with difficult arguments that challenge their decision to play. They ignored it and hoped it would go away. When the public letter was issued, they responded with flimsy justifications and insults. If BDS didn't go public, they'd still be ignoring the issue now.

Randy Marsh is a far more effective spokesman for BDS than Roger Waters could ever hope to be.

I wish it had been you and not Roger that started this dialogue.

I still think Lil Wayne is more culturally relevant than Radiohead now (or REM, for that matter). So instead of continuing on with this pressure to get them to cancel which they clearly aren't at this late date- we should start working on Young Tune.

At least if Lil Wayne cancelled itd get a lot more play on social media and open doors for BDS that have heretofore never been explored.

Imagine if you got Beyoncé and Wayne and Taylor Swift talking down Israel?

Better than a bunch of old stubborn rockers with homeless beards that are champions of 21st century apartheid.

i'm aware of the sarcasm here, but radiohead are pretty huge, and way more relevant than taylor swift will ever be

i'm aware of the sarcasm here, but radiohead are pretty huge, and way more relevant than taylor swift will ever be

That's insane.

Straight pushing records - Taylor Swifts destroyed RH.

She has much more pull in the social consciousness of the world. She's broken record sales.

Don't make me defend Taylor swift.

But if I wanted to push an agenda and get people on board with my message - like BDS is doing - I'd got after big fish, not old British fish (respectively).

again, maybe it would be better if you actually read posts

i have.

maybe it would be better if you and your pal snow would actually have a mature and productive conversation.

i get it- snarky, reductive comments and personal jabs are easy to make.

but it makes you guys look like assholes.

neither of you have nothing to offer of value.

at least Randy has kept it civil and added some substance to the conversation.

That's insane.

She has much more pull in the social consciousness of the world. She's broken record sales.

Don't make me defend Taylor swift.

But if I wanted to push an agenda and get people on board with my message - like BDS is doing - I'd got after big fish, not old British fish (respectively).

remember when people cared about lady gaga? i dont

That's insane.

Don't make me defend Taylor swift

i mean........this is true.

Taylor has way more mainstream influence.

if SHE decided not to play Israel it'd make much more of a powerful statement than if radiohead did it.

remember when people cared about lady gaga? i dont

Gd dammit. I know. And now I'm defending Taylor swift - so here goes:

Wikipedia:

She has appeared in Time's 100 most influential people in the world (2010 and 2015), Forbes' top-earning women in music (2011–2015), Forbes' 100 most powerful women (2015), and Forbes Celebrity 100 (2016). She was the youngest woman to be included in the third of these and ranked first in Celebrity 100, and was also one of the finalists of Time Person of the Year in 2014.

Swift is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 40 million albums—including 27.1 million in the US—and 130 million single download

Now imagine if that star power stated she was a BDS supporter.

But yeah attack Thom because he disagrees with your method.

at least Randy has kept it civil and added some substance to the conversation.

he has, but since you don't read his posts, "jabs" are in order here

he has, but since you don't read his posts, "jabs" are in order here

nah, that's a copout.

you've had nothing to say since the beginning other than infantile "retorts" and just being an asshole.

i've read randy's posts and understand his point of view.

i don't agree with all of it and that's ok.

he, nor you or anyone else don't get to decide what's right or wrong in regards to what radiohead does.