Fast Tracker

Thom + Nigel speak out on Israel. Shit hits big fan.

at this point i'd be more surprised if you were aware of something

Why would you say BDS is the central movement in this debate?

There are hundreds of other organizations and millions of other people in the world pushing for change that are not associated with BDS.

You sound like this odd chest pumping guy in the room full of people who share your opinion. It's off putting and unproductive.

"The real movement" implies these other people or groups don't contribute shitx

at this point i'd be more surprised if you were aware of something

I put ribbons on my Facebook profile in solidarity with whatever is going on in the world at the time - all the time.

I'm very aware of things. I still rep Livestrong. And I'm still looking for Coney. Come at me bro.

it has nothing to do with whether bds is the "only movement" in town lol. though I'm going to call bullshit on you hiding behind abstract "other" movements as an attempt to apologize for scabbing without coming off as reactionary. you need to have a diversity of tactics, and different movements need to be in lock step with one another

it has nothing to do with whether bds is the "only movement" in town lol. though I'm going to call bullshit on you hiding behind abstract "other" movements as an attempt to apologize for scabbing without coming off as reactionary

I mean....um.

lol I'm not hiding behind abstract other movements. Very concrete. Very real.

If you knew me on a personal level you'd find that accusation a little funny.

You're a good person snow I'm not trying to get into a dick measuring game with you - mostly because you'd win, but also because we share the same hope - that Palenstine is returned in full and those at fault for this atrocity are held responsible.

Not that BDS will magically force the state of Israel to comply with international law, return stolen lands, and stop abusing human rights. But I don't see any current initiative, group, movement or plan that will do this while the state of Israel refuses to even entertain the notion that it has done, or is doing, anything wrong. Especially when it's being funded by Western states.

Surely, the idea would be to create sustained awareness from all available, nonviolent, avenues, and put as much pressure on the state of Israel and the international community at large (in particular the good old US of A) to stop ignoring, condoning, and supporting the illegal occupation and continued mass rights abuses?

I mean if the overarching goal is to restore the state of Palestine, and protect Palastines, then anything that is attempting to achieve this without resorting to violence is a good idea.

Why would you say BDS is the central movement in this debate?

There are hundreds of other organizations and millions of other people in the world pushing for change that are not associated with BDS.

You sound like this odd chest pumping guy in the room full of people who share your opinion. It's off putting and unproductive.

"The real movement" implies these other people or groups don't contribute shitx

agreed.

"snow" and "bleesh" are being arrogant pricks and are not offering anything productive to the conversation.

except insults, personal attacks, condescending and flippant jabs, etc.

I follow most of this thought process - but I would only caution you from saying BDS does not care. Or are lazy.

From my vantage point - they do care. A whole lot. And there is logic behind their thought process.

I just disagree with it - and think there's a better way. But I wouldn't suggest BDS does not care about Palenstine.

sorry, maybe you misinterpreted what i was saying......or maybe i didn't articulate it well enough.

i would never say BDS doesn't care.

i wouldn't say they're lazy either.

i was referring to the protesters at radiohead shows.

they don't represent all of BDS.

palestine is not a first world problem.

if that's what you got out of what i was saying then you have a reading comprehension problem.

though to be fair, i figured you'd misconstrue what i said and say something stupid like that.

if that's what you got out of what i was saying then you have a reading comprehension problem.

it's ok you just have to learn how to express yourself without hammering out angry, empty slogans

it's ok you just have to learn how to express yourself without hammering out angry, empty slogans

once again, great input, brah.

your contributions in this thread have really opened up a meaningful dialogue.

Seems like Michaels just being a good friend and getting thoms back. didnt really provide a whole lot to the discussion, but +1 for being a good friend.

I hope Thom doesn't get shot, I paid good money for that show in Italy

Lucky!

Gotta let us know what their playing. Feel like there's going to be a new song in there somewhere.

Pretty neat venue too.

As much as I don't think Radiohead should play the gig, it would be objectively funny if they covered Wish You Were Here during the concert

You and Whose Army.

I read that Wish You Were Here was written to Syd Barrett. Poor guy lost his marbles and never seemed to fully recover.