Fast Tracker

Thom + Nigel speak out on Israel. Shit hits big fan.

here's a better vid. i give him the benefit of a doubt and like to think he was pissed at someone for being disruptive and not pissed at people for simply having flags.

it's almost certainly aimed at palestine flag gang

Why don't these BDS movement people all congregate on the border between Palestine and Israel and wave their fist in the air and cry bloody murder instead of wasting everyone's time bitching about a rock band playing in the country for their fans. 

People who don't know RH but are quick to throw stones are making some really asinine comments all over social media because all they see are people pointing fingers at the band and saying they support Apartheid.  Ridiculous.

So will he flip the finger at people waving Palestinian flags at the upcoming concert?  And if the answer is no, how is that the slightest bit different to doing it last week?

But, of course, it's unlikely his vision will be assailed by Palestinian flags in a couple of days, because it's unlikely they'll be allowed into the venue.

Shit this is all upsetting.

lol I know dogs more articulate than you if that's what you've been attempting for the last 10 pages.

the "by your logic" thing just speaks volumes about how disconnected from reality these posts are

why do i need to be more articulate on a fucking RH message board?

who made you the decider?

i know children more mature than you.    

you don't know how to have a discussion or debate.

you're a flippant, reductive little cunt.

you make little juvenile, dismissive jabs.   

you say nothing.

you offer no articulation yourself.

Clearly you have nothing to say so fuck off.

why do i need to be more articulate on a fucking RH message board?

who made you the decider?

i know children more mature than you.

you don't know how to have a discussion or debate.

you're a flippant, reductive little cunt.

you make little juvenile, dismissive jabs.

you say nothing.

you offer no articulation yourself.

Clearly you have nothing to say so fuck off.

I dunno dude if you think something is nuanced, that means it had to be explained or else you're just shouting slogans at a wall.

and nah it's way too entertaining watching a dumb, angry fuck like you have a meltdown over people daring to criticize radiohead and bang NUANCED on the keyboard over and over again, I'll be sticking around

lol nah i'm not angry and pretty far from dumb.

what's dumb is your level of adolescent behavior and your smugness that goes with it.

you take jabs about my "articulation" when you've offered no semblance of intelligent conversation yourself. 

you've articulated nothing and would rather attack me than have a conversation.

and that in itself is telling.

also-i would never have a meltdown on a message board with some self-righteous armchair quarterback stranger.

you're making this personal and deflecting my points and throwing out ad hominem attacks.

move on.

back to the issue-  as others have said, it's not BDS' way or the highway.    there are other ways to deal with a complicated situation like this.

radiohead can play wherever they want.

people will attach meaning to such decisions as is evident in this thread.

Missing the point. I am quite certain that Radiohead are in full support of a solution in the area that benefits everyone. Or certainly - completly obliterates the horrors being carried out in Gaza.

But BDS is not the only game in town and just because someone disagrees with BDS does not mean they don't support the cause.

exactly.

also- where was all this outrage when Radiohead played in Israel before?

they've played there several times.

it's just a little unbelievable to me that everyone is focusing all their rage towards radiohead.

they're an easy target.

they're celebrity rockstars.

it IS lazy.  

it all reeks of hypocrisy because if people really cared about Palestinians they'd be involved in actual important issues-  not a fucking rock concert.

do you think Palestinians are stressed out and upset that Radiohead are playing in Israel?

i'd imagine they're more worried about having water, having a home, making a life for themselves, not getting in trouble with the IDF, having access to medicine, etc.

radiohead playing in Israel is a fucking first-world problem.

the REAL problems are the everyday lives of Palestinians and living in a giant prison.

funded by the USA.

would it not be more productive and meaningful to be donating to say, Not In Our Name, or buying artisan goods from Palestinians?

maybe getting involved in politics and try and start a dialogue about our foreign policy? and the lobbying powers of AIPAC?

the list goes on.

crying about a concert is such a deflection of the REAL problems and the solutions people should be working towards.

Missing the point. I am quite certain that Radiohead are in full support of a solution in the area that benefits everyone. Or certainly - completly obliterates the horrors being carried out in Gaza.

But BDS is not the only game in town and just because someone disagrees with BDS does not mean they don't support the cause.

Thom's in on the Loach thing now, retweeted this:

https://amp.theguardian.com/culture/2017/jul/14/ken-loach-accused-of-exempting-himself-from-cultural-boycott-of-israel

Like was said earlier, 2 wrongs don't make a right. But this also made me think, is this festival they're playing a state sponsored thing or something more traditional? If it exists outside the realm of deliberate government influence, surely it's just a positive force? If this is a festival not dissimilar to Glastonbury where liberal voices congregate, isn't that empowering a Palestine-sympathetic base within the country?

exactly.

also- where was all this outrage when Radiohead played in Israel before?

they've played there several times.

it's just a little unbelievable to me that everyone is focusing all their rage towards radiohead.

they're an easy target.

they're celebrity rockstars.

it IS lazy.

it all reeks of hypocrisy because if people really cared about Palestinians they'd be involved in actual important issues- not a fucking rock concert.

do you think Palestinians are stressed out and upset that Radiohead are playing in Israel?

i'd imagine they're more worried about having water, having a home, making a life for themselves, not getting in trouble with the IDF, having access to medicine, etc.

radiohead playing in Israel is a fucking first-world problem.

the REAL problems are the everyday lives of Palestinians and living in a giant prison.

funded by the USA.

would it not be more productive and meaningful to be donating to say, Not In Our Name, or buying artisan goods from Palestinians?

maybe getting involved in politics and try and start a dialogue about our foreign policy? and the lobbying powers of AIPAC?

the list goes on.

crying about a concert is such a deflection of the REAL problems and the solutions people should be working towards.

I follow most of this thought process - but I would only caution you from saying BDS does not care. Or are lazy.

From my vantage point - they do care. A whole lot. And there is logic behind their thought process.

I just disagree with it - and think there's a better way. But I wouldn't suggest BDS does not care about Palenstine.

isn't that empowering a Palestine-sympathetic base within the country?

so?  sympathy is useless if you're not willing to show solidarity with the real movement and actual action that's taking place

so? sympathy is useless if you're not willing to show solidarity with the real movement and actual action that's taking place

Oh...sorry. Wasn't aware BDS was the "real movement" or that they were the only ones conducting "actual action".

Give me a fucking break.