Fast Tracker

Thom + Nigel speak out on Israel. Shit hits big fan.

and deflecting over and over again is a great way to have a debate.

i'm very impressed.

are you saying it's... lazy? myopic? black and white?

the other day i was thinking about dying my hair black or white and when i told my barber that they started screaming at me saying YOU NEED TO BLEACH IT FIRST AND THEN ADD THE COLOR ITS NUANCED ITS NOT THAT FUCKING BLACK AND WHITE and i got scared :(

eh, that's ok.

just trying to get my point across to apparent deaf, close-minded, arrogant ears.

ah well.

it's easy to feel you're right when others are ganging up on one person.

lol i can take it.

again though- reddit is a different story.

doesn't matter though.

hopefully bleesh and snow and all the other soap box cunts will walk the walk and boycott radiohead and their music.

but we all know they won't.

hypocrites.

:smoke_coo

eh, that's ok.

just trying to get my point across to apparent deaf, close-minded, arrogant ears.

ah well.

it's easy to feel you're right when others are ganging up on one person.

lol i can take it.

again though- reddit is a different story.

doesn't matter though.

hopefully bleesh and snow and all the other soap box cunts will walk the walk and boycott radiohead and their music.

but we all know they won't.

hypocrites.

:smoke_coo

you are pretty much jesus

i do find it strange how hardline thom is being about it considering he was all about tibet at one point

he's got two Israeli support bands doe

i kind of think he's being the opposite of hardline? like, he's taking a stand against being hardline, one way or the other. he may have been all about tibet, but i don't think he ever said people who played in china were monsters.

but if you mean, why he's being so vocal about this, i think it's precisely because he cares about human rights, and when people/the media start saying he doesn't understand or doesn't care about an issue like this it understandably makes him uncomfortable enough to write in full, orthographically correct sentences

i mean i generally agree with him, radiohead playing in israel isn't condoning anything and I think that's a pretty daft point for people to make, and once you do where do draw the line and why because any reasoning about boycotting countries gets pretty arbitrary.

uk/us have plenty of reasons for a cultural boycott. 

but when i see him flipping off people flying palestine flag at concerts im a little disappointed.

just trying to get my point across to apparent deaf, close-minded

lol I know dogs more articulate than you if that's what you've been attempting for the last 10 pages.

the "by your logic" thing just speaks volumes about how disconnected from reality these posts are

i mean i generally agree with him, radiohead playing in israel isn't condoning anything and I think that's a pretty daft point for people to make, and once you do where do draw the line and why because any reasoning about boycotting countries gets pretty arbitrary.

uk/us have plenty of reasons for a cultural boycott. 

but when i see him flipping off people flying palestine flag at concerts im a little disappointed.

he's probably pissed that people have paid X money to go and see radiohead just to wave a palestinian flag

he probably recognises that cultural boycotts are pointless, they're not condoning owt, like he says they still play US despite trump and still play Australia despite probably not agreeing with their politics a lot, they still play UK despite May etc etc 

It would do the band more favours to write a more detailed articulate statement than that half-assed paragraph Thom put on Twitter. I can see both sides of it definitely, and since both are with good intentions it shouldn't be beneath the band to say 'well here is why' rather than this whole 'we don't answer to you' attitude. Enrich the debate guys.