Fast Tracker

Thom + Nigel speak out on Israel. Shit hits big fan.

lol "jonny has Palestinian friends"

it be one thing I guess if radiohead was apolitical and not interested in policiticizing their choice of gigs, but that's not quite the case

i hope that jonny doesnt have palestinian friends the same way ed has black friends

gulp

Well, as the article points out he has "a wife who's an Arab Jew", so I guess he's in as good a position as anybody to have an informed view.

I couldn't agree with Thom more by the way.  

I feel like too much weight was added behind this idea that one our greatest living band of our generation is out there supporting apartheid or some shit just because they happened to be one our greatest living band of this generation.

Same shit would have applied to The Beatles should they have to go play somewhere where the political climate of that country was in a toss up.

Radiohead playing in Israel is not the same as Radiohead playing in front of a crowd of Hitler and his armies.  I believe Radiohead are playing for their fans that just happens to live inside a country where there are political turmoils.

I wouldn't want to be have to deal with being punished for living inside a country where our political leaders can't get this shit together or that there long running issues between borders. If there is hope, I would take it.

Imagine if bands outside of the U.S. refuse to play here because of Trump.   It's asinine.

I want to live in the promised land

we are the DOLLARS & CENTS
and the PoUNDS and Pence
the MARK and the YEN
We are going to crack your little skulls
We are going to crack your little souls

(~ but i'm 97% sure that was a joke ~)

Odd that Thom engages Rogers on this after all the shit he's taken on the chin from the Gallagher Brothers for the last 20 years.

Just shrug it off, man. Fuck 'em. Play your show, no one has doubted your humanitarian awareness.

All of this creates divisive energy. You're not bringing people together. You're not encouraging dialogue or a sense of understanding. Now if you're talking about trying to make things progress in any society, if you create division, what do you get? You get fucking Theresa May. You get [israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu, you get fucking Trump. That's divisive.

yer da's been watching dave rubin's youtube channel again