Yes.

Terrible pressings - scratches, debris, etc. it was pretty well documented at the time.

Edit: Shame too because this happened with the white vinyls as well.

Mine sounds awful. Was dying to play it on a friend's good set of speakers, and when I finally got the chance, it was so bad I put the CD in instead and felt ashamed. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a short clip of an interview with Ed on 6music about the release. Seemed to be drawn from a bigger interview but there's been no context given whatsoever, just shoehorned in at the end of a show. He just said how they felt too much pressure recording Lift back in the day because they could already tell how big it was from its reception when supporting Alanis Morrissette. Said if the song went nuclear it probably would have killed the band. He seemed really fond reflecting on it all, particularly recording the record and how many of it was live takes, the fact of which still kinda astounds me.

Regarding the box set I totally ordered it. Sure it's pretty expensive but people can decide for themselves, it's not ripping off. They know there's a die hard audience for it and there's plenty of other cheaper packages. The vinyl only is actually extremely reasonable.

I only got the chance to play all four sides of AMSP the other day and my special edition vinyl is woeful. Had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't be plagued with the issues lots of people have written about on forums, but sides B and D are intermittently unlistenable – buzzing distortion, crackling, popping. I've written to W.A.S.T.E. to see if I can get replacement vinyl.

My feeling is that they had to compromise on quality control to meet the demand.

this makes me upset. and i didn't even buy it.

give us an update and let us know if they make good on their crappy product. or maybe it's supposed to sound like shit, harkening back to all the old 78 shellac records at the hoity-toity studios la fabrique where they recorded it.

love the band but selling bad product at collector's edition prices invites shit throwing. no excuse for compromising on quality.

i blame ed.

I have received my order and it is damaged / faulty, what can I do?

Modified on: Wed, 8 Mar, 2017 at 3:29 PM

If you have received a damaged or faulty item, please contact our customer services agent via the online contact form. Please include in your message a description of the damage and wherever possible attach photographs showing the damage or fault.  We will assess the damage and either refund the order or send you a replacement as appropriate. .

If the faulty items are digital downloads please complete and submit only the contact form detailing the problem and we will diagnose the issue for you and ensure the audio is fixed.

Contact form

i kind of don't think i'll like studio man o'war as much as MPIE big boots. it's such a crazy good unique recording. the rawness of the drums and the way its collated and thom going fuckin brilliant in the middle. i wish they'd release a full album of disjointed demos like that

Tbh I think they ought to have thrown MPIE in on this, its such a stellar companion piece to me.

And maybe HD 7 Television Commercials (or any HD video collection) too. Every copy of their videos online now from pre in rainbows are grainy as shit.

I still revisit MPIE about once a year. I'd love a blu Ray with features on it.

i kind of don't think i'll like studio man o'war as much as MPIE big boots. it's such a crazy good unique recording. the rawness of the drums and the way its collated and thom going fuckin brilliant in the middle. i wish they'd release a full album of disjointed demos like that

isn't it like a bunch of demos smashed together? like they tried a bunch of stuff and you get to hear a bunch of that stuff on MPIE, but it doesn't sound like any one demo

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Personally think a standalone EP of unreleased and original form songs would have been more exciting.3 new songs and 8 b sides that most people already have seems a bit of a rip off.

Lift

Follow Me Around

Man of War

Big Ideas (90''s version)

I Promise

True Love Waits (acoustic)

This would be nice. Any other suggestions?

Idk.

Some of the newer songs would be nice to see a fully fleshed out studio release.

But honestly, the level of sentimental call backs (TLW, Lift, etc) mixed with brutally vulnerable lyrics (daydreaming) - and I can't really ask more from the band at the moment.

They've been more happy it seems both professionally and personally than I've ever seen them (especially all that time from the bends to HTTT).

The snarky realism has been replaced with this extremely beautiful and raw accent. I think their all in a good space. Maybe a little irony or wink from the band that once said "don't get sentimental".

Even this OKC re-release feels like a great big hug and thank you. It's just a lot of fun as a RH fan right now.

Asking more just feels wrong ( for me).

Idk.

Some of the newer songs would be nice to see a fully fleshed out studio release.

But honestly, the level of sentimental call backs (TLW, Lift, etc) mixed with brutally vulnerable lyrics (daydreaming) - and I can't really ask more from the band at the moment.

They've been more happy it seems both professionally and personally than I've ever seen them (especially all that time from the bends to HTTT).

The snarky realism has been replaced with this extremely beautiful and raw accent. I think their all in a good space. Maybe a little irony or wink from the band that once said "don't get sentimental".

Even this OKC re-release feels like a great big hug and thank you. It's just a lot of fun as a RH fan right now.

Asking more just feels wrong ( for me).

+1