More sugary than euphoric/life affirming. It's still good but it feels a little too contained compared to the classic Pinkpop version for my liking.

I kinda feel like in dampening down the euphoric feel of how it sounded in its Pinkpop incarnation, they've killed what it was that made it so good. The OKNOTOK version sounds too slow and flat.

I'm sure it was a conscious decision to try and make the feel of it more ambiguous, but I don't like it.

i think they made a conscious decision not to release it for 20 years because they weren't able to capture that particular energy. hence the attempt to give it new life entirely in 2002.

Is anyone else peeved about how 'Lift' ended up?

It sounds almost exactly the same as Pinkpop only breathes a bit more...

it's not like you got a mumbling bleepy bloop version of it mang..

cheer up..

yeah the discrepancy isn't with the writing or arrangement of the song. that shit is all basically identical. as i said before, we've never gotten studio versions of unreleased songs before that were this faithful to the bootlegs in that regard. it's the "vibe" or whatever that's different, and that's a matter of performing in a studio setting as well as the engineering and the fact that sound responds differently on tape than it does on a stage or in a room. a lot of the changes in arrangement between original unreleased bootleg and live version over the years could very well have been a direct response to this problem - what do you do when what you were playing in the practice room doesn't sound as good when you attempt to record it?

Mugsy you know it's okay for people to be disappointed right? There's no need to be a twat about it.

That said I never liked Lift until I heard this version, which I love

how was she being a twat?

hha no i think theres a few people on here that really really dnt like opposing opinions

theres a few examples i could give here of some real "passionate" posters besides mugsy

but im not

Dear Complete Loser Who Ordered The 2CD From Us:

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.

A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response, usually within 24 hours, but in your case, we will continue to completely ignore you, because we suck. (You will order from us again, right?)

Thanks,

W.A.S.T.E. helpdesk Customer Service Team

Hmmm....

1. I'm sorry that I've given you the impression that the non-arrival of these CDs has ruined my life.

2. I believe that WASTE and their delivery process should be a topic for discussion in this thread.

3. WASTE does not get a free pass from me after ignoring two inquiries over the last ten days or so.

4. I still have no CD or acknowledgement from WASTE. (See 3. above.)

5. I have the CD from a local store. I fucking love it. OKC is the greatest RH ever. (Even greater than AMSP.)

About the remastering of OKNOTOK: I've heard some people say the instruments now sound more "separated" from each other and that it's easier to distinguish what is happening in the mix, but I'm wondering what parts or moments in specific songs have impressed you the most. Here are the biggest differences I've noticed until now:

- the coda in Karma Police (the "for a minute there" part) now sounds more "hollow" with Thom's vocals much more prominent

- Fitter Happier's background sample/loop now seems much more prominent and the robotic voice doesn't seem as dominating as before

- I think it's easier to notice the different guitar arpeggios in "Let Down"

- Pearly* and Palo Alto have slightly different endings (I'm comparing them to the versions in How Am I Driving EP)

Anything else?