i think alot of people would agree that they tapped into that kid a/ amnesiac state of mind for tkol

all be it a lot less electronic but def more thumb driven

and i would say that there seems to be a pattern of rh releases that goes-

popular album -> weird album(s) -> relaxed album -> popular album -> weird album -> relaxed album ->?

which would point to there being some ties between kid a and tkol

yeah i remember the second kid a came out and everybody jus got it on first listen hha

being that amnesiac and kid a are the same sessions, theres really no way u can divorce them(i honestly treat them like dbl lp), so if kid a was popular then so too amnesiac and that jus wouldnt be an accurate statement would it?

only on radiohead messageboards is kid a more popular than okc but i get your point and my pattern still exists in your scenario i suppose

so while i would say kid a wasnt exactly popular, it was for people that like weird music, which really could be said for amnesiac as well, so thats my story and im sticking to it

well, i will admit that ther wasnt a whole lot of jazzy stuff inbetween kinetic and bloom

oof, don't go down this road, i majorly tilted someone on ateaseweb once by suggesting there was anything jazzy about kinetic whatsoever..

its pretty much a miles runs down the voodoo remix

but yeah theres a big diff between jazz and jazzy, literally anything could be referrred to as jazzy including clothing but what i was referring to in that post is jazz influences like literally sampling bitches brew percussion or the bassline from bloom etc

yeah the albums have totally different vibes... there's a really good reason it's not a double album

they should've left off MB/A, though, to avoid the "leftovers" accusation

All the instruments on Amnesiac sound like the instrument they are, where a lot of the time on Kid A it's kinda hard to tell what you're listening to. Everything sounds so much spikier and tenser where Kid A sounds almost muffled

on kid a / amnesiac

one simply wouldnt exist without the other, guys, i honestly think they had like 28 hopefuls, put together a stellar album(kid a) and out of the litter, amnesiac tracks happened to be the runts and they then pulled together a disjointed album in both sound and concept(amnesiac)

again, its impossible to divorce them

I've mixed feelings on MB/A's placement coz I'm inclined to agree but I do really love it and think it works well

Does it kind of feed into this "amnesiac" feel? As in, "I think I've been here before, but can't recall for sure".

From a narrative standpoint - the events of Kid A echoing back to the the listener in Amensiac and giving them the sense of....well....amnesia.

I kind of felt that was the reason to include a secondary version. I dunno.

Does it kind of feed into this "amnesiac" feel? As in, "I think I've been here before, but can't recall for sure".

From a narrative standpoint - the events of Kid A echoing back to the the listener in Amensiac and giving them the sense of....well....amnesia.

I kind of felt that was the reason to include a secondary version. I dunno.

!!

My torment continues. Post office pickup today was a fucking lego mini-figure for my kid.

In 2 days from now it is the One Month Anniversary of shipping. That's when I'll email waste.

My torment continues. Post office pickup today was a fucking lego mini-figure for my kid.

In 2 days from now it is the One Month Anniversary of shipping. That's when I'll email waste.

You should really just email them now...