wow.

sorry man.

i have to say the packaging is really weak.

i mean it folds open and there's two slots for CDs and thats it.

no artwork or lyric stuff or anything.

Which is really amazing, because here we are 20 years later talking about the 3 unreleased tracks, and debating which parts may be 20 years old and which parts may be new, and this is supposed to be some kind of 20th anniversary party/celebration/return, and......Radiohead got nuthin'. (Unless you pay for the special edition which has no CDs.)

Penny was right.

Which is really amazing, because here we are 20 years later talking about the 3 unreleased tracks, and debating which parts may be 20 years old and which parts may be new, and this is supposed to be some kind of 20th anniversary party/celebration/return, and......Radiohead got nuthin'. (Unless you pay for the special edition which has no CDs.)

Penny was right.

well.............no.  I don't think Penny was right.

I think the only thing i'd concede where Radiohead dropped the ball was not include CDs in the special edition.

But we got three unreleased tracks, new videos, the special edition seems really nice.........hell, i downloaded the tape and it's really, really amazing.

yeah the CD package is super underwhelming but that wasn't their focus obviously.

it sucks you haven't gotten your cds.

the new masters DO sound amazing though and some of the songs have new mixes entirely.

by the way, did you download the Tape?

it sucks you haven't gotten your cds.

the new masters DO sound amazing though and some of the songs have new mixes entirely.

New mixes? I noticed that Palo Alto and Pearly have a slightly different ending. But, apart from that, I couldn't notice much difference... What major sonic upgrades do you hear in this remastered version?

I think the only thing i'd concede where Radiohead dropped the ball was not include CDs in the special edition.

by the way, did you download the Tape?

Indeed, from the very beginning I've said that no CDs in the SE was a mistake imho. I would have bought that fucker otherwise.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned (or old) but aren't most people who are interested in this going to get the CD? 20 years / 3 unreleased songs IS a big deal, right? You'd never know it when looking at the shocking lack of notes in the CD package though.

No I didn't download the tape yet. One day that will be the third CD of My OKNOTOK.

Indeed, from the very beginning I've said that no CDs in the SE was a mistake imho. I would have bought that fucker otherwise.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned (or old) but aren't most people who are interested in this going to get the CD? 20 years / 3 unreleased songs IS a big deal, right? You'd never know it when looking at the shocking lack of notes in the CD package though.

No I didn't download the tape yet. One day that will be the third CD of My OKNOTOK.

i agree, i would've been a lot more tempted to buy the special edition if it had come with the CDs.

anyway, did you CDs arrive?

New mixes? I noticed that Palo Alto and Pearly have a slightly different ending. But, apart from that, I couldn't notice much difference... What major sonic upgrades do you hear in this remastered version?

yeah that's what i mean.

they have different endings/beginnings.

those would make them "new" mixes.

not 2017 new, but new/different.

i think the japanese version of the single that featured Pearly back when it came out had this mix.

i agree, i would've been a lot more tempted to buy the special edition if it had come with the CDs.

anyway, did you CDs arrive?

Fuck no. I'm waiting until Monday or later now. I see some Atease folks on West Coast USA still didn't get theirs, so......

(Monday is 25 days since shipping. What kind of mail "service" is that?)

Fuck no. I'm waiting until Monday or later now. I see some Atease folks on West Coast USA still didn't get theirs, so......

(Monday is 25 days since shipping. What kind of mail "service" is that?)

i'm in California and mine arrived Wednesday.

No one ever talks about how Meeting in the Aisle sounds like the song for the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time and I don't know if it's because this is common knowledge or if it's because no one here has ever played of Ocarina of Time - but either way it's depressing as fuck.

Radiohead's nerdom is wasted on MT.

is that a video game?

have no idea what that is.

How old are you?

You either very young or very old - but if you are anywhere in the 25-45 demographic than only GD can save you now.

The_2ab027_1586855.jpg

Ok computer in 97 and ocarina of time in 98 - what a time to be alive.

lol im 37.

i remember playing the original zelda on NES.

still don't know your reference.

i guess it's a level in the game?

anyway.

Ocarina of Time for N64 - one of the great games of all time. The theme song for the Water Temple (which is notoriously difficult) reminds me very much of Meeting in the Aisle.

Oh man - you really need to play Ocarina of Time, it's fantastic. And Meeting in the Aisle is badass.

The game is also on Jonnys "top 10" if that does a thing for you : https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/radioheads-jonny-greenwood-lists-his-current-top-10-video-games-cherishes-ico-5545893.html%3Famp

See I didn't side track - it's all RH related!

I've always loved meeting in the aisle, I really don't know why because there's really nothing special about it, but for some reason it's one of my favorite b-sides

I've always loved meeting in the aisle, I really don't know why because there's really nothing special about it, but for some reason it's one of my favorite b-sides

The bass line is pretty cool. Have they ever played it live?

yeah it was the walk on stage song in 97 but they actually played it live in '12 as well as treefingers

that '12 tour was nuts, they also played amazing sounds of orgy

Ocarina of Time for N64 - one of the great games of all time. The theme song for the Water Temple (which is notoriously difficult) reminds me very much of Meeting in the Aisle.

Oh man - you really need to play Ocarina of Time, it's fantastic. And Meeting in the Aisle is badass.

The game is also on Jonnys "top 10" if that does a thing for you : https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/radioheads-jonny-greenwood-lists-his-current-top-10-video-games-cherishes-ico-5545893.html%3Famp

See I didn't side track - it's all RH related!

haha nice.

yeah, Meeting in the Aisle is such a cool track.

It's got such an ethereal vibe but one that has a little edge to it.

it captures the essence of OK Computer well.

it has a dystopian, "everything is fine" (but not fine) theme to it.

then again maybe it refers to humans in the future shopping at some grand supermarket and this is what's playing in the background.

maybe it's a commentary on consumerism.

maybe it's just a fun song.

:smoke_coo