I still cannot believe that I don't have the 2CD. For the love of god how long does it take to ship to western Canada? I got the shipping notification on 22 June.

mine didn't show up today.

i'm emailing waste again this is outrageous.

it shipped on the 26th of June.

meanwhile the 2CD is at my local record shop and it comes with stickers and a lithograph.

WHY THE FUCK DID I BUY FROM WASTE?

My god you poor human beings - the 2cd version was in my local record store on the day of release!  Unless you've ordered a special version, I'd be cancelling, getting a refund from Waste (good luck on timing for that though!) and buying a version from an actual shop!

My god you poor human beings - the 2cd version was in my local record store on the day of release!  Unless you've ordered a special version, I'd be cancelling, getting a refund from Waste (good luck on timing for that though!) and buying a version from an actual shop!

i know and i agree.

big mistake on my end.

i thought it'd be here in time for when it went on sale at shops.

for the record, on their site it says the 2CD would be in shops on JUNE 23RD.    but it wasn't.

Fuck it. I'm going for a long drive tomorrow and I want to hear OKNOTOK on that drive. So I might get the fucker from a store, and when my waste copy arrives (will it ever?) I'll use it as trade-in at my local used CD shop. Yeah...I lose a few dollars this way.

And I will NEVER order anything from waste again. Lesson learned.

the tape is wonderful, the obvious highlight is the motion picture soundtrack which is a perfect vocal take and just glorious.

let down and CUTW 4tracks are fun.

the two 'new' songs are good though obviously not album quality.

yeah, really good.

Fuck it. I'm going for a long drive tomorrow and I want to hear OKNOTOK on that drive. So I might get the fucker from a store, and when my waste copy arrives (will it ever?) I'll use it as trade-in at my local used CD shop. Yeah...I lose a few dollars this way.

mine came in the mail today.

maybe yours did too?

yeah other than t-shirts or some shit, no more buying CDs from waste.

i will say though, that i almost did what your'e considering.

my local record shop has them and they come with a free sticker and lithograph.

shoulda just waited and saved shipping.

oh well.

fucking frustrating.

but hey, i got the Tape download for free so i guess we're even.

I received the box set today! The receptionist at my work dropped it off on my desk and I forgot I had it shipped to work so at first I was confused about what the box was. 

there's so many little nerdy mysteries being solved in these booklets

most intrigued that one of the last pages in the smaller booklet has lyrics under the title "dogwander / the national anthem"

dogwander eventually becoming TNA is a twist i was not expecting but the lyrics on that page are also completely different to TNA

i feel like the band are purposefully piling work on the Citizen Insane website guy at this point, they need to give him a break so he can catch up

did yours come in the mail yet or did you just end up getting it from the store?

mine came in the mail today.

maybe yours did too?

yeah other than t-shirts or some shit, no more buying CDs from waste.

i will say though, that i almost did what your'e considering.

my local record shop has them and they come with a free sticker and lithograph.

shoulda just waited and saved shipping.

oh well.

fucking frustrating.

but hey, i got the Tape download for free so i guess we're even.

Two things:

1.  I never found it in any local store.

2.  It still did not arrive.

Your post gives me hope though.

i emailed them a couple days ago.

they said it takes 5-15 business days.

i don't know.

they were all apologetic but didn't offer much help.

luckily mine arrived yesterday.

but yeah they said  you'd have to wait 25 days till you dispute or report a lost package etc.

i'd email them anyway.

my girlfriend asked me what my favourite radiohead song was a while ago and usually i kind of dither and go well it depends but i just answered Let Down straight away and yeah i think i agree 

i never really liked CUTW that much but the notes and various demos on the tape made me appreciate it a bit more, the amount of effort they put into that one song

i'm sure there was similar stuff for all of them but i guess CUTW was recorded last and they taped over all the other stuff? 

i never really liked CUTW that much but the notes and various demos on the tape made me appreciate it a bit more, the amount of effort they put into that one song

i'm sure there was similar stuff for all of them but i guess CUTW was recorded last and they taped over all the other stuff? 

Given the way Nigel described the process ya, thats likely. So there must have been a wealth of other materials that we will never see. 

I can see why CUTW isnt everyones taste. I am the only one of my group who screams when it comes on live. I find it scary and sinister and heavy. The recordings on the tapes have made me love it even more today.

I am sure if I heard some other stuff from the tapes and how they progressed, I would be calling them my favorite now.

Listening to OKNOTOK now and then one more spin of the tapes