I'm not, by the way, sure that a remaster of Polyethylene is going to make it sound all that much better.  I sort of love it for its garage band sound anyway.

yeah... i mean it doesn't have to be but these three songs all getting a release in this particular way does kinda feel like a tying up of loose ends.

here's a question though - are the b-sides remastered as well? i don't understand the need for a remaster of ok computer but it could make a big difference for the b-sides. especially like, polyethylene for example, which is a good song that sounds fucking horrible.

Fuck Polyethelyne is powerful. Love how it sounds, especially when the distorted guitars first come in.

i used to feel that way but i went back and listened to it semi-recently and it just sounded like someone took the recording in their hands and smushed it into a tight compacted little rubber ball of noise that i feel works against it somewhat. i'd just be curious to hear a version of it where the instruments are pulled apart from each other a bit.

i used to feel that way but i went back and listened to it semi-recently and it just sounded like someone took the recording in their hands and smushed it into a tight compacted little rubber ball of noise that i feel works against it somewhat. i'd just be curious to hear a version of it where the instruments are pulled apart from each other a bit.

Yeah except I feel like the effect they were going for was a symphonic chorus of distorted electric guitars. Why pull that apart. The whole song is so dramatic.

As much as I would love the boxed edition, it's basically a choice between buying this or pressing my band's second album on vinyl. So I have to go with the latter...

As much as I would love the boxed edition, it's basically a choice between buying this or pressing my band's second album on vinyl. So I have to go with the latter...

hey guys, look at narcissus over here

I know this is me being greedy but I am very curious about the demo cassette. I wonder will songs from the OKComputer sessions that we tried out and experimented but never worked out be on it. Like True Love Waits etc... 

That said, on the experience of AMSP, they would seem to have another album or two left in them. What I don't see at the moment are new/ish songs that could end up on that album. That bit worries me.

Yeah, I mean besides Cut a Hole and skirting on the surface - the cupboard is starting to run low.

They've really cleaned it out these last few years. Lends credence to your thought of a band taking charge of its legacy.

Thom is a workaholic - so I still fully expect new and exiting music from him until he finally collapses of exhaustion.

And there's the Brazilian Samba Extravaganza project Ed has kind of poked around with.

Not to mention Phil's solo stuff and Jonnys orchestral work - and there's plenty of "Radiohead" music to go.

I know this is me being greedy but I am very curious about the demo cassette. I wonder will songs from the OKComputer sessions that we tried out and experimented but never worked out be on it. Like True Love Waits etc...

I would definitely think so, yea, even if it's just snippets

I think the band being finished just needs to stop. It comes up on every single release! It's not the end!

Cleaning out the cupboards could definitely mean they are tying up loose ends to call it a day... or it could just mean they know those songs are never going to be worked on again, they're still pretty good, the fans want them, and they don't have to be so precious all the time

The wording on the site makes it sound like they are from back in the day

Curious though if Big Boots is gonna be more like Bends-era or the MPIE version. Really hoping for the latter

Cleaning out the cupboards could definitely mean they are tying up loose ends to call it a day... or it could just mean they know those songs are never going to be worked on again, they're still pretty good, the fans want them, and they don't have to be so precious all the time

Yeah, although the fact they worked on Lift during the AMSP sessions implies they still believe in it, but then maybe what they learned is that they are too far beyond for that

I Promise is definitely way too old for them now, it's like a Pablo song. Big Boots is kinda too intricate and I'm not sure I trust them to not fuck it up if they did it now. I joke about it sounding like Morning Mr Magpie but I can genuinely see a 2010s Radiohead making a creative decision like that

yeah... i mean it doesn't have to be but these three songs all getting a release in this particular way does kinda feel like a tying up of loose ends.

here's a question though - are the b-sides remastered as well? i don't understand the need for a remaster of ok computer but it could make a big difference for the b-sides. especially like, polyethylene for example, which is a good song that sounds fucking horrible.

I"m looking forward to hear okc remastered.. I mean if it's good then great if it's not then i'll just listen to the original.