finally some truth.

though some of us are moderators on a geeky forum and think we're extra special.

whereas trolls think they're special for other reasons.

BUT--even if I didn't care about this at all---let's say it was a Pablo Honey box set with an 8-track and a used napkin from the tour---I wouldn't buy it, of course, but I certainly wouldn't think of Radiohead in a lesser light simply because they put something I don't give a shit about on the market. 

Minus the used napkin, I'd sure buy a Pablo Honey box set with an 8 track 

Needs a lyrical update, but yes - FMA would be ok. It's kind of getting into that old Radiohead feel.

The TKOL era new songs they were thrashing around - is really more where I'm at.

Cut a Hole needed some work - but I liked where it was going.

Skirting felt totally flushed out to me, I was surprised it missed AMSP.

Open the Floodgates, I really enjoy the lyrics. Plus Thoms voice when he just sort of croons is good stuff. Though it reminds me of pre TKOL Supercollider, and I dont particularly care for that TKOL version, so who knows what they would do with OtF.

I'm glad to see these old songs, good for them and fans that have been salivating for 15-20 years, but I'm vastly more interested in where their going.

It hasn't been long enough to speculate on an LP10 tracklist, and I think the band don't appear to be focused on new material at the moment - but Wake Me when they do. 90s are boring.

Yeah, I felt like all 3 of the new old songs we just got were dated---I mean, obviously. But my excitement for them dwindled fast.

FMA would be cool--get rid of the "Tony" lyric---but it would feel very dated, as well.

I want the next recording sessions to be innovative, experimental, and without pressure. I don't really want another IR even. I want them to get weird. I would love that. 

whereas trolls think they're special for other reasons.

considering i've been a member here for almost 10 years and partake in several threads with civility,  i'm hardly a troll.

i don't create troll threads, don't exude any troll behavior at all.

sure, maybe i'm abrasive and call people out but that doesn't make me a troll.

do you know what a troll is?

by the way, you're the one that took a shot at me first.

anyway, back to more important things-  OKNOTOK has been a very fun release, i'm enjoying it.  Glad others are too.   Don't feel sorry for those that don't because they're typical insatiable whiny RH fans.

I hope (but HIGHLY doubt) they do some kind of anniversary for KID A because, well.......that would be amazing to hear what unreleased material exists from that era.

Do we even know?  Seems like everything from those sessions resulted in Amnesiac as well as the Amnesiac b-sides. 

yeah but the instrumentals from the most gigantic lying mouth are all over the internet in mp3 form.

Kid A demos would be cool but i'd be more interested in unheard of jams/instrumentals, unreleased shit.

This brief interview with Nigel Godrich suggests an anniversary edition of Kid A / Amnesiac with loads of unreleased material is a very real possibility.

having just listened to that interview, i didn't hear anything like that.

maybe i missed it.

To be fair, I think Nigel was saying that there was a lot more material of early / alternative versions of songs in the Kid/Amnesiac sessions.  The point being that they recorded over the limited number of tapes they had back in the OKC days.  I don't think it means there are lots more songs (presumably they were taken up on the two albums plus the various b-side releases), but it could mean some really interesting early versions.  RH are (in)famous for going through many many iterations - and if there are decent versions still available of early takes, that could be well worth listening to. 

But, it would be a very different motivation to the OKC re-release.  The idea then was (20 year anniversary aside) that there were deteriorating tapes (and hard drives) that needed to be dealt with.  I suspect also that they 'found' the 3 unreleased tracks and made a final decision that they weren't going to develop them further on future albums (actually a serious decision for I promise and Lift, because those at least still had potential).  I can't imagine any of that logic really applying to the Kid/Amnesiac archives.  If they got serious about a similar project for Kid A (again, for the 20th anniversary?), then to me it would be a real sense of an ending.

This brief interview with Nigel Godrich suggests an anniversary edition of Kid A / Amnesiac with loads of unreleased material is a very real possibility.

This would be my dream! I sure hope so

the important thing is that all that material still exists, real shame about the ok computer era material being lost in the ether though, this might be only unreleased material we get

had no idea

listening to lift the first time. godd the difference in vocals between this and man o'war is crazy.

it feels strange though. maybe it's the quality of my rip, but the synths feel really detached from the rest of the song

definitely the best of the three tho

this airbag remaster is p sick

crazy how good airbag is. there's something in the way the chorus actually acts as a bridge for the riff that's ridiculously original

and then the end sounds exactly like what a reverse slow motion video of a car crash looks like

by the way, you're the one that took a shot at me first.

don't think so - i responded to this:

though some of us are moderators on a geeky forum and think we're extra special.

was that not intended to be a 'shot' at me?