I didn't think the vocals were new but now that I see it makes funnyHAHA lose his shit I'm starting to believe they are new coz it's pretty funny and not funny weird but funny haha

yep.

unless of course you're fucking tone deaf as is apparent by the posts in this thread.

especially in I Promise.  That's classic late-90's Thom.

but really it's pretty obvious in all three songs.

it amazes me people are even debating this.

I Promise and Lift are old vox, Man of War definitely new. 

yeah that sounds about right

I didn't think the vocals were new but now that I see it makes funnyHAHA lose his shit I'm starting to believe they are new coz it's pretty funny and not funny weird but funny haha

:lol:

I think so, and that's a nice way to look at it. But I hope they don't go too far with it. Like, penny and I were talking on twitter last night about their Glasto set, at which they played only two AMSP songs, and didn't play any of the "new" unreleased OKC tracks. Their live shows are always great for being proud of the new material and I can think of little else more depressing than Radiohead becoming a nostalgia act

I would hate if Radiohead became a nostalgia act. I doubt they'd have any interest in that either, not that I can speak for what they want obviously, but just the vibe I get.

I wouldn't be surprised if they quit before that happened.

It's the day after the OKNOTOK release, so I'm not sure it says that much.  More interesting is the whole OKNOTOK project, and giving up 'development rights' on songs like I Promise for future albums.

deluxe reissues of old records aren't something a vibrant, creative band should be giving a hoot about when it comes to constructing setlists imo. i mean, they didn't even play any of the 3 'new' songs from it. at least do it properly.

i had a ticket for Manchester but passed on it after the reschedule. travel/hotel costs was making it a hard decision, but it was made easy when I realised that recent setlists are cutting AMSP for an OKC celebration I have zero interest in.

also OKNOTOK so far seems pretty badly executed for what it is.

i actually like the idea that Man O War is an old take with new overdubs on strings/vocals. the story factor of that is quite cool if it turns out they're splitting up WHICH THEY KIND OF ARE FUCKING SIGNALLING-ISH ATM GUYS and it's just about a good enough go of the song that it's teasing some emotions out of me in a 'last song on the best of' way despite some fairly obvious 'i am indeed a demo from 1996' messy guitar/piano bits.

that would mean they're lying about what the song is though. and i don't hear much reason to think the vocals are new, i suspect that just speaks to the confusion fans sometimes suffer down the years about where Thom is styling and where Thom is struggling. perhaps this is Thom singing in his natural, unpressured voice & the 'youthful' mid-nineties Thom voice was more of a style than we realised.

still haven't got this.  not sure i'm going to given the things people are saying.

first time i've ever felt that way about an rh release.

i actually like the idea that Man O War is an old take with new overdubs on strings/vocals. the story factor of that is quite cool if it turns out they're splitting up WHICH THEY KIND OF ARE FUCKING SIGNALLING-ISH ATM GUYS and it's just about a good enough go of the song that it's teasing some emotions out of me in a 'last song on the best of' way despite some fairly obvious 'i am indeed a demo from 1996' messy guitar/piano bits.

that would mean they're lying about what the song is though. and i don't hear much reason to think the vocals are new, i suspect that just speaks to the confusion fans sometimes suffer down the years about where Thom is styling and where Thom is struggling. perhaps this is Thom singing in his natural, unpressured voice & the 'youthful' mid-nineties Thom voice was more of a style than we realised.

Really don't understand why anyone would think they might be breaking up after that rolling Stone interview like a month ago where they said they love being in the band and Thom said something to the effect of "the other guys want to do a more live band oriented direction in the future"?? Band seems in a really good place rn, nothing wrong with looking back sometimes, especially with how good AMSP was

Really don't understand why anyone would think they might be breaking up after that rolling Stone interview like a month ago where they said they love being in the band and Thom said something to the effect of "the other guys want to do a more live band oriented direction in the future"?? Band seems in a really good place rn, nothing wrong with looking back sometimes, especially with how good AMSP was

SPLIT CONFIRMED. for years they implied they hated being in a band and yet carried on.

subscribe to penny premium for more insights into the Ra Diohead Code

think its interesting that everyone i know who went said it wasn't a good show, yet the guardian said they left fans satisfied.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/24/radiohead-glastonbury-2017-review

actually, every press review i've read has been mostly positive, only complaints were the lights or some visual things.

think its interesting that everyone i know who went said it wasn't a good show, yet the guardian said they left fans satisfied.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/24/radiohead-glastonbury-2017-review

I haven't heard anyone say bad things about it aside from us here griping that it was more of an OKC celebration and not enough AMSP stuff

also seems to me the OKNOTOK package is pretty sweet. I mean, I haven't got the deluxe one yet but the 3 unreleased tracks are good to great and I'm am hyped for the cassette

I haven't heard anyone say bad things about it aside from us here griping that it was more of an OKC celebration and not enough AMSP stuff

also seems to me the OKNOTOK package is pretty sweet. I mean, I haven't got the deluxe one yet but the 3 unreleased tracks are good to great and I'm am hyped for the cassette

i've seen a lot of comments that people were not happy, helen said it was her least favorite rh show. and  thats what i'm trying to understand - if it was a problem with quality or was it the old content.

the only thing that sounds exciting to me is big boots and maybe the meeting in the aisles.  that said, i probably would have got it by now, just because its radiohead, but financial things prevented me, and now that i've read people's thoughts on it, well i can certainly wait.  remastered songs isn't really enough of a draw on its own.

FUCK THE CASSETTE

even just thinking about the cassette makes me angry

for years i was the poor kid who had to buy cassettes while everyone had cds

OKC, The Bends, i did it all on a fucking tape and a shitty deck and walkman

i was so happy when i got a cd player and joined the rest of the world. no more favourite albums getting screwed up in the tape player. make the odd mixtape, sure. but overall fuck tapes. nobody needs tapes. if you're a real cool cat buy vinyl, whatever. 

eventually the world forgot about tapes. you don't buy a tape player when you're buying stereo equipment. i certainly didn't last time i upgraded my shit. or the time before that or the time before that.

and now they fucking release a tape. to celebrate an album from the fucking height of the cd era. an album that you only had on tape if you were fucking poor and you hated having to listen to shit on tape.

they've releasing a tape that is never going to be played.

a tape that, even if i had a tape player, i would never risk putting inside it to get fucked up because FUCK TAPE.

for £100.

tapeshape my arse.

Are you being facetious?

I only ask because I thought Yellow sounding so similar to Lift during the opening riff is well documented.

Just like when Radiohead swiped a Beatles song for karma police.

Was it Sexy Sadie I think?

And I'm only kind of kidding. Not a musician but I have to imagine bits and pieces are going to be replicated every now n again.

no, I was actually being serious. I don't think I've heard Yellow for 15 years. But the similarity is undeniable.

Yeah, I knew about the Sexy Sadie thing. The Beatles ripped off Blackbird, Zep ripped off everyone, The Stones ripped off Muddy Waters and Buddy Guy. It's just a thing that happens