Thats it folks, RH are going away. They are clearing up their shelves.

OKC should close with I Promise

This song would sound so out of place anywhere on OKC imho. 

And I was really happy to read Thom's interview in RS where he talked about recording this album and how it was the first time they recorded in parts at separate times. He said he would consider trying to record live again. Comments like that give me hope that there is at least one more album. LP10 would be a fitting last album if you give the theory of 10s people any credit ;)

yes good to hear thom's young voice. it also bodes well for the production value of man o'war and lift

The production is fantastic - looking forward to the other ones, and the remix on the album!  It's a really nice song, probably too simplistic (not in a bad way) for OKC, but in no way inferior to the released b-sides from that era.  Frankly surprised it wasn't released at the time.  I'm so affected by AMSP that I was expecting a big orchestral section towards the end before ... the synth kicked in - times have changed ...

This song does make me sort of nostalgic for a very specific version of Radiohead, 90s bside Radiohead, which was the first kind I really got into. The 'best song evar' responses are a bit much and kind of insulting to the band Radiohead grew into but it's cute. Srsly though bring on fuckin' Big Boooots

Best. Fucking. Radiohead. Song. Ever. Period.

i can actually roll with that...it wouldn't be my favourite track by the band, but there is something magical about the song...like the great roy orbison songs of yesteryear or even the smashing pumpkins with "tonight tonight", it provokes a feeling of sadness and magic..

the notion that this is the best radiohead song ever is fucking beyond laughable.

c'mon people.    get a grip.

i get it, it's a new RH song and it's fresh and from a classic era but geez, have some objectivity.

it's a pretty song.

but it's a leftover track and honestly sounds like one.

it wasn't even worthy of the band to be released as a b-side.

calm down.

by listening to this, i dnt think its because of quality, they didnt release this because it already sounded dated compared to their current sound in okc era

by listening to this, i dnt think its because of quality, they didnt release this because it already sounded dated compared to their current sound in okc era

Yeah I feel like it was recorded before they settled on the direction of the album. A lot of the OKC bsides feel like that imo