Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey Clone

Potential OK Computer anniversary....something?

The below posters have been popping up in LA, London, Berlin, Melbourne, etc:

2qjb6n5xsxty.jpg

YHAcTNcvWM35XZgOes4-3h5rq_r4mj0UrEjynHCo

p2BulYK.jpg

2m3gvvl.jpg

At first I thought it was nothing, but then someone posted this artwork from the OKC days on a Radiohead archive site: https://web.archive.org/web/20050930215015/http://home.student.uu.se:80/hehi1133/okart.htm

Hwns2kl.gif

which is obviously the upper right portion of the above picture. Plus some of these pictures have apparently been retweeted by their tour manager, as well as one the guys who did their website. So what'd we think - potential re-issue? Anniversary special?

if this serves as an excuse to put out some sort of version of big boots or lift i'm all for it. we're long overdue for these guys to put aside ther shame and release their truckloads of demos as well

Apparently some dude on Reddit posted 9 months ago that he'd met Thom and Stanley at some exhibition, and that they said they were apparently thinking of doing something special for OK Computers 20th, like working on 'unreleased songs' from that era.

Could be bullshit, but we'll see soon enough....

Saw this poster in Melbourne last week and thought it looked OKC-esque. Anything Radiohead-related is always a cause for celebration.

My bet is on some kind of webcast of the album played live in full, maybe followed by a Blu-ray release.

this is exciting

if we get more than one unreleased recording out of this i'll be happy

that's how i'm edging my bets, what with the fiasco that was AMSP CD 2 and all

I bet we see Lift, maybe even Big Boots. I just have a feeling

me too. i don't see them doing something like this without releasing these. they know the fans want those songs and they probably feel the time is right to put them out.

So what makes you guys think they'll release new music? I know there might be some type of event but that's only rumors and speculation, or maybe it's really nothing beyond these posters to commemorate the anniversary. Is there really something to suggest new music or is it just hopeful thinking?

Given how we know Radiohead operate, keeping unreleased songs on the shelf to be attempted again and again throughout album cycles until they're satisfied with them, I'd be surprised if they now released their old attempts just cuz it's been 20 years.

I guess maybe I could see them doing this if they recorded a version of Lift they were happy with during the AMSP sessions but decided it didn't fit the album? But idk I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'd be more than happy with OKC era demos of nude/national anthem/whatever else.

Honestly I'll be amazed if we get anything in terms of new recordings or never before heard old recordings. Like Stephen said it just seems unfeasible that they would clean up like this by recording new versions. As for demos, maybe, but I don't know how much Radiohead enjoy doing those kinds of releases. Have they done anything like that since they left EMI?

I think if we get any new material what's most likely is a bunch of dogshit remixes of OK Computer songs by whoever Thom is mates with at the moment

Saw this poster in Melbourne last week and thought it looked OKC-esque. Anything Radiohead-related is always a cause for celebration.

My bet is on some kind of webcast of the album played live in full, maybe followed by a Blu-ray release.

i really like that idea.

yes. please.

Yeah even the unheard demos idea is very wishful thinking, but I could see them coming around to doing that at this stage of their career. I don't remember if they've ever talked about it, but that stuff has to come out eventually.

Idk all that OKC stuff has always been pretty cringe

I made a celebrated thread about this