Scrumch

Is Radiohead one of the worst band names you've ever heard

21 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

I don't dislike the name. However, I do think they picked a really random Talking Heads song to take their name from. It's not bad or anything, but it's hard to imagine that they would be so inspired that they would take it as their name, especially when you consider how they ended up sounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjYDJtX_-E

I don't dislike the name. However, I do think they picked a really random Talking Heads song to take their name from. It's not bad or anything, but it's hard to imagine that they would be so inspired that they would take it as their name, especially when you consider how they ended up sounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjYDJtX_-E

And to think they could have be called Slippery People. 

It's not bad. If it was my band we'd probably still be called On A Friday, I like that name, it evokes a youthful schooldays vibe. I guess they wanted to grow out of that, and that they certainly did. But they're the one and only Radiohead and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And the name doesn't really matter anymore anyway cause they're legendary now. It's like The Beatles was an awful name for a band, but not anymore, just the name is iconic now cause they define it. So does Radiohead.

Yeah, I never even thought of their name until recently. It always meant something great to me. But then I started thinking about it the other day outside of the context of their legendary status, and it all the sudden sounded pretty lame. The Beatles is a good example of a terrible name everyone gives a pass because the band is so good.

I think it's one of the best band names ever and I'm partially biased because I love the band. I'm really turned off by bands that use the whole "The (insert band name here)" model of naming themselves. There's something really off-putting about bands that introduce their own band name with the article "The". Radiohead also sounds powerful and yeah, much better than the embarrassing On a Friday. 

haha that TH song's goofy as hell but i'm kinda liking it

I think that whole album is a bit underrated, to be honest, but it's definitely very goofy. Most of it works better in the context of the movie.

It's just kind of a britpop band name for a band that later went on to do "art rock"

I actually think you could do a lot worse. I mean imagine if The Arctic Monkeys decided to release their Kid A. Radiohead is kinda abstract and emotionally neutral enough to give them freedom to do what they want