Live Show Etiquette

penguinhead

Just running a quick survey to test the waters. Going with my wife to the Santa Barbara show in a couple weeks and she's about 4 months pregnant. If someone's lighting up next to us is it a faux pas to ask them to cut it out on account of the baby? I mean, obviously I'm going to ask them regardless if it's cool or not but I at least want to gauge the expected reaction.

I would just have her cover her mouth with her shirt or something. It's not that big of a deal and it will just kill the vibe potentially. I would say, if you are really worried about second hand outside, it might just be better to leave her home. And I've seen them at SB Bowl a few times and don't remember there being a ton of weed.

Thanks for the responses. We'll probably just come armed with a face mask and a butt pad so she can be comfortable and I'll only say anything if someone's just straight up blowing smoke in her face (which shouldn't happen, baby or not). So if youre at the show and see a guy with a pregnant wife wearing a face mask, feel free to say hi.

And yeah, I've never had a problem at any concerts before like that, but just planning for all contingencies.