ridley

Radiohead - Every Last Crumb (20CD B-Sides & Rarities Set)

Thanks for that - will fix and post when an update is ready. I have a dozen or so new tracks to add to this thing ;)

I've only just got this and now an updated version is coming :) This is great news. I was going to ask is there a set like this for the On a friday demos and live performances? Or might there be one in the works? Thanks again

Thanks for that - will fix and post when an update is ready. I have a dozen or so new tracks to add to this thing ;)

Thanks! I'd love to see a list of what updates you plan to incorporate. Or I can just wait until the new version is posted if you don't feel like sharing.

Quick question...

Was "Everything In Its Right Place" (on The Best Of Radiohead) an edit or have a clean ending vs. what's on Kid A?

we dont know we hate emi

Thank you for your incredible efforts!

I was just curious as to why TKOL RMX 1234567 is not present but the tracks from TKOL RMX 8 are... I already have those in FLAC but it seems like they belong here as well. I'm sure there's reasoning for it because I agree with every inclusion and exclusion you've made in this set.

Also, curious about I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings absence.

TKOL RMX 1234567 and IMBW:LR are both considered full-length standalone and readily-available releases and therefore not included. TKOL RMX 8 was included because it is a short single/EP not included with the RMX album.

Remember the point of Every Last Crumb is to bring together all stray singles, b-sides, compilation appearances and DVD-only releases etc.

For this reason, and after much deliberation I've decided not to include tracks from OKNOTOK in this collection.

Firstly, OKNOTOK is a very finely curated collection in its own right (unlike the EMI collectors editions) and should therefore stay the way Radiohead intended, rather than be cut up and shoved onto different discs (non-album tracks, demos, alt. versions, etc).

Secondly, due to the remastering/remixing, every single one of the 66 tracks on OKNOTOK could potentially have a place on Every Last Crumb, which would make it even more unwieldy than it already is :)

So basically if you have the nine albums, IMBW:LR, TKOL RMX 1234567 and OKNOTOK, you should have essentially every track Radiohead has ever released.

So unless there are any further AMSP-era rarities to be released, there will be no further updates to this collection until the LP10-era begins.

That is, other than to correct typos etc - like the 'Packd like Sardines...' one that Poubellator pointed out on the previous page (thanks for that!). Discs 9 and 10 have been updated and should therefore be downloaded again as they include updated artwork and tags.

As requested, I've also added an 'Original MP3 files' zip for anyone who wants the original untouched versions of the lossy tracks included in the collection.

Excellent. Thank you for your response! I agree with keeping OKNOTOK out of the mix.

For discs 9 and 10, have there been any changes aside from artwork and tags?

Thank you!

No worries :)

As the tag and filename of the '10-09 Packt Like Sardines...' track has changed, the checksum files (MD5 and FTT) needed to be updated. No changes to the actual audio though.

Disc 11, tracks 9 and 10 give "Failed: md5 mismatch" error when decoding the files. This means the distributed flacs are not byte replicas of the wavs they were sourced from, or in other words, they are lossy. 

Is this something we are able to fix? Or do we not have access to those original files anymore?  

On 7/23/2020 at 1:03 AM, mothramegas said:

Disc 11, tracks 9 and 10 give "Failed: md5 mismatch" error when decoding the files. This means the distributed flacs are not byte replicas of the wavs they were sourced from, or in other words, they are lossy. 

Is this something we are able to fix? Or do we not have access to those original files anymore?  

Thanks for alerting me to this. The 'md5 mismatch' is because I failed to update the md5 file after making some minor edits to file. It doesn't have anything to do with the flacs being lossy (though track 10 - 'Street Spirit' (2002-10-27 Bridge School)' is from a lossy source - unfortunately I don't have the original iTunes Store source to provide though and it no longer seems to be available).

I've uploaded a fixed version of the full disc zip, and the MD5 file on its own if you want it. 

18 hours ago, ridley said:

I've uploaded a fixed version of the full disc zip, and the MD5 file on its own if you want it. 

Hmm, well I redownloaded the new version of disc 11 and I am still getting the same error messages on tracks 9 and 10. And they appear to be byte identical to the previous version I already had, so I'm not sure you've actually changed anything... Did you maybe forget to include the updated versions in the new zip?

5 hours ago, mothramegas said:

Hmm, well I redownloaded the new version of disc 11 and I am still getting the same error messages on tracks 9 and 10. And they appear to be byte identical to the previous version I already had, so I'm not sure you've actually changed anything... Did you maybe forget to include the updated versions in the new zip?

Weird - I just double checked and it worked for me. The tracks themselves have not changed - it is the MD5 file that was faulty 👍

16 hours ago, ridley said:

Weird - I just double checked and it worked for me. The tracks themselves have not changed - it is the MD5 file that was faulty 👍

Sorry, the flac files are definitely still corrupt. The original (and faulty) MD5 data is stored within the flac's STREAMINFO medadata header, so if you have not updated the flacs then you haven't actually fixed anything. 

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC

"CRC checksums are used for identifying corrupted frames when used in a streaming protocol. The file also includes a complete MD5 hash of the raw PCM audio in its STREAMINFO metadata header."

Therefore, changing the md5 file doesn't do anything, since that faulty md5 data is already stored withing the flacs. 

And as you can see, the files are still corrupt, even when processed from a folder with the updated md5 data:

Untitled.jpg

So while I do appreciate the effort, the flacs are still corrupt.