-Ryan

Cooking Thread

my burners are labeled left and right front and rear, I don't think I've ever seen a stove where they weren't labeled tbh

it's not good --

this stove would mess me up bad. 5 burners. no front/rear labels. and on the left knob you turn it to the right for high. on the right knob you turn it left for high. omg. i need word labels and consistency from one knob to the next.

samsung-dual-door-range-knobs.jpg

not to toot my own horn but i'm a pretty smart guy. i'm a good speller. can do accounting. why can't i ever figure out which dial goes to which burner on my stove? it's like taking the SATs. i literally have to make labels that say front burner / back burner and stick them the fuck on there.

my dials look like this, but they don't have the front and rear labels. and i just burnt the handle on my water pan because i did it wrong again for the millionth time. turned it on. walked away. burnt handle on pan.

6 years. i've had this stove for 6 1/2 years! :(

10786828_0ac7_m.jpg

i don't understand what you mean when you say they're not labelled? they got the little dot thing

gonna attempt stir fry some time soon. any tips? 

yea,

if you don't cook stir fry you might not have all the ingredients and the grocery trip to get them all might seem like a lot of $$, but you'll hopefully be making many stir fry dishes with them so it's like an investment in your culinary future.  also chop up your veggies ahead of time if possible.  

also here's some cooking for one recipes i found when i first started living alone:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/course/meals-for-one/

and you should probably bake the fish, or pan fry with some butter and fresh herbs at a lower temp.  

yea,

if you don't cook stir fry you might not have all the ingredients and the grocery trip to get them all might seem like a lot of $$, but you'll hopefully be making many stir fry dishes with them so it's like an investment in your culinary future.  also chop up your veggies ahead of time if possible.  

also here's some cooking for one recipes i found when i first started living alone:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/course/meals-for-one/

and you should probably bake the fish, or pan fry with some butter and fresh herbs at a lower temp.  

sweeeet thank you! I desperately need a cooking for one cookbook. It's real fucking weird that they are so hard to come across. My roommate cooks practically every day and she's serious business so, I'd probably be able to borrow some stuff from her.

I need a wok tho. 

sweeeet thank you! I desperately need a cooking for one cookbook. It's real fucking weird that they are so hard to come across. My roommate cooks practically every day and she's serious business so, I'd probably be able to borrow some stuff from her.

I need a wok tho. 

you don't really need a wok for stir fry, you just need a (preferably non-stick) pan that's big enough to hold all the junk in it.

i use yummly.com a lot for finding interesting recipes and saving them for later.  one of the cool features is that you can adjust the number of servings you want when viewing the recipe and it will change the amount of ingredients needed.  so if a recipe is originally made for 8 servings (so annoying), you can pretty easily see how you do it for 2 servings instead.  

they don't say front and rear like the picture but they do have the SAT dots. and apparently smart fart sleepy jack is a words guy, and the dots mean nothing to me. i just often do it wrong. i need the words. dots are stupid. what is that, braille?

sleepy jack,

edit - actually, my roommate has a bigger one (sleepy jack don't you even think about it) that I can use. 

that's what sleepy jack said

photo-thumb-4093.jpg?_r=1488227477

since it was so nice out yesterday and i'm feeling "spring," i decided to make zucchini fritters. i've never made them before but they came out pretty good. a little bland and i had nothing to dip them in but, good nonetheless. next time i think i'll add a lil more zest to them. 

they don't say front and rear like the picture but they do have the SAT dots. and apparently smart fart sleepy jack is a words guy, and the dots mean nothing to me. i just often do it wrong. i need the words. dots are stupid. what is that, braille?

You gotta be kidding me

Protip the dots are the burners and if you apply the same xy relationship to the graphic as you do the range you will get it right 100% of the time.

uncomf.gif