Wormme

Rachel Owen, Thom's ex-partner passed away this Sunday

Holy fuck that's so so awful

I love Thom so much : (

Heart goes out to his kids especially

Fuck cancer for real.

This is really sad. I can't imagine what Thom and the kids must be going through. It's rough losing your partner of two decades, and your mother at such a young age.

Definitely will make it harder for us fans to listen to songs on the new album specifically. True Love Waits hurt too much already. :/

It was expected, but it feels weird for some reason having this news cropping up on various music publications.

expected outside of their personal/professional circles? seems pretty shocking as a fan of the band

terribly sad

expected outside of their personal/professional circles? seems pretty shocking as a fan of the band

terribly sad

I think it was expected for the family. I think they have known for over a year. My wife actually asked me if Rachel had cancer about 6 months ago after seeing a picture of her with really short hair--she also looked white ill. I suspect that Tham and co knew about this for some time. It really puts a new light on the AMSP sessions for me. 

terribly sad

I read that as expected that music publications would post about it.

But yeah this is a bummer.

I read that as expected that music publications would post about it.

But yeah this is a bummer.

that's what I meant - feels odd to see the news crop up on websites like consequences of sound. 

I won't get heavy. Don't get heavy. Keep it light and keep it moving. I am doing no harm. As my world comes crashing down I'm dancing, freaking out, deaf, dumb, and blind.

I was just talking about this with my husband a couple months ago. I was saying how scary it was that people could just grow apart after being together for two decades, it only made me think that love is bullshit and nothing is to be trusted. If it made me feel that way, I said, I wonder how their kids thought about it. Probably will never put any effort in any relationship because of this doubt and fear of inevitable end.

I didn't know or think then that it might have been more complicated than that. Thom and the rest of them have always been reticent regarding their personal lives. They all must have gone through a lot without letting the media dip its claws.

Guess I'm just finding this all too shocking. It's like deja vu, hearing about David Bowie's death and seeing the album in a whole new ominous and poignant light. AMSP is unbelievably disarming and vulnerable, and this makes it even more so.

Sorry I'm being garrulous. It's been a rough week and I'm struggling to make sense of life.

Busy busy busy.

I don't wanna think or talk too much about Rachel's illness in relation to Thom and AMSP, but I hope Thom is emotionally strong enough to handle this. I feel so bad for him and his children.