bleesh

trump presidency megathread

whoever said she made fun of her appearance did huge disservice to ann dowd cuz thats not what she meant 

also saying someones makeup is made from something is not superficial criticism by itself

this does mark a bend in the river for the correspondence dinner though

trump is a bend in the river for everything else so why the fuck not, this is what happns when u roast openly racist and sexist people 

Why dont they just say fuck it and give dominique strauss-kahn france. 

A friend of mine in NYC was called for casting for the new trump tv network. scary 

paging alan to this thread

is your friend perchance one of these fine gentlemen?

is this children in jail / internment camps fiasco going to bring down Trump?

is this what will do it?

by 'bring down' i mean lower his approval rating low enough for the dems to take the house and maybe senate?

this is some fucked up shit.

Nope, his supporters are convinced that he’s ‘just enforcing the law’. They have built a cult of loyalty that means any bullshit trotted out by the admin will be taken as truth, and any evidence to the contrary is fake news. You can even see that the GOP is becoming more wary of criticising him because people who do are in danger of being replaced by loyalists when they come up form renomination. He is now in a position where any attempt to oust him from office or challenge his popularity is viewed as confirmation that the ‘liberal elite’ is conspiring against him.

While Trump was put on a show for the world, in the background his admin has been diligently dismantling key aspects of the democratic, social, cultural and economic infrastructure of the US state. Take last night, for instance. Trump faces the media to deflect questions about caging Mexican kids, while the admin announces that they are withdrawing from the UNHRC. Even if he isn’t re-elected, it will take years to undo the damage his admin has already done.

Randy Marsh speaks the truth.

And in the midst of all this, today Trump uses "angel parents" for cheap political points, and perpetuates his message that immigrants are bad/evil/other. When will he meet with parents of national white supremacy victims?

I'm 56...I thought the wall coming down (1991) or the internet was the biggest external events of my life. Those events pale in comparison to the monumental forest fire (I like Comey's description) that is the Trump Presidency, and the lasting damage that it will cause.

Recently, a gallop poll found 45% of Americans think he is doing a good job!!

We are doomed.

I'm Trump...I'm a narcissist & racist...Hurricane Maria occurred on my watch but only really affected Puerto Rico...that's that island that cost my administration a lot of money...I did a fabulous job there handing out paper towels...my response was the greatest of any president in the history of presidents...why are my wonderful efforts going unsung?? It must be that ungrateful mayor of San Juan! Treason...

:lol: :lol:

Nope, his supporters are convinced that he’s ‘just enforcing the law’. They have built a cult of loyalty that means any bullshit trotted out by the admin will be taken as truth, and any evidence to the contrary is fake news. You can even see that the GOP is becoming more wary of criticising him because people who do are in danger of being replaced by loyalists when they come up form renomination. He is now in a position where any attempt to oust him from office or challenge his popularity is viewed as confirmation that the ‘liberal elite’ is conspiring against him.

While Trump was put on a show for the world, in the background his admin has been diligently dismantling key aspects of the democratic, social, cultural and economic infrastructure of the US state. Take last night, for instance. Trump faces the media to deflect questions about caging Mexican kids, while the admin announces that they are withdrawing from the UNHRC. Even if he isn’t re-elected, it will take years to undo the damage his admin has already done.

this is only getting worse, innit