bleesh

trump presidency megathread

depends on what the democrats do now, i think. 

as MT user: snow used to say, they need to say goodbye to the smug, arrogant, condescending tone

and, like wil says. the left in general needs too be less snarky and self-absorbed when it wants to confront its opponents

i'm surprised that even my most reactionary and pro-american coworkers are appalled by this but they all share that blind, visceral rejection of liberal/progressive discourse you see in trump supporters

will he get a second term?

i think subcounsciously america just wasn't ready to give up having him running for president.

hoping obama runs again after trump repeals the 22nd ammendment

as MT user: snow used to say. they need to say goodbyw to the smug, arrogant, condescending tone

and, like wil says. the left in general needs too be less snarky and self-absorbed when it wants to confront its opponents

yeah in the best of worlds, these are the conclusions they draw. dropping the condescending attitude and presenting an economic program that's not arrogant and commonsensical in the worst sense of that word would go a long way.

like i said in that other thread, my cynicism says they'll go with the "sprinkle with racism" approach, alienate large parts of their base and fail to attract new voters.

i saw your post and that's my biggest concern as well although i'd like to think the 'Sanders effect' might inspire a collective impulse to forget about establishment, out-of-touch candidates

trump managed to convince the electorate that he didn't owe special interest groups anything by bragging about his wealth

sanders did that by running a campaign financed by his followers and his party didn't even seem to care about the significance of that move... even if there were key things that could have been improved about his candidacy.

also i guess this will make me sound like a dick but i really hope everyone stops mourning soon

an honest question: why did people vote for someone who has never held political office?

it's safe to say that career politicians are the least trusted people among the working class in the west at this point. even (or especially) the most experienced ones

an honest question: why did people vote for someone who has never held political office?

because they had the option.

as much as i fear the repercussions of whats about to happen...the reasons why we got to this point is even more baffling .

im selling my hand in marriage to the highest bidder