box

Nintendo Switch

The thing is I just want a new Nintendo handheld that can plug into the tv, not some iPad with wiimotes glued to the sides

does nintendo not hire ux engineers or what?

the pro controller seems fine, but why make your product look so alienating? I'm afraid they're going to have another bomb

It looks like a toy which is fine, but who on earth at this point is gonna be like "oh man I can't wait to buy NBA 2K for my Nintendo switch"? I barely even play online games anymore but the install base is already way too high to make any progress with third party sales

They just need to be so ready to pump out first party titles from the get go or it's gonna be a huge failure

luckily my first exposure to it was not that godawful image but this video instead

which is like 0.0001% less embarassing than the wii/wii u campaigns though that's videogame advertising for you

it's kind of humorous how apparantly every hip college student and splatoon e-sporters are the target audience

HOWEVER when those handles came off that looked pretty cool and after a date night with me you wouldn't be too far away from getting some hot coffee after pulling that move

being able to carry two controllers with your screen on the go is rad

I don't forsee wii levels of hype for this but it'll probably sell better than the wii u

also I hope those handles feel as good as the gamecube controller, so then they really have combined every past nintendo controller into one

yeah the controls clipping explains the controller and makes it seem less awful. everything else looks fine and the pro controller is there as an option, so seems okay. I do wish the pro controller looked more like the GameCube one but oh well

I honestly don't know why nintendo never repeated the basic shape of the gamecube controller for all their pro controllers, since that thing was so ergonomically sound it made the 360 controller and dual shock seem like knobby assholes, of course your hands grew into those over the years, but that was never a necessity for the gamecube controller and now the wii u pad and 3ds don't even seem to factor in human hands that much at all

That image looks like a mock up. The name is underwhelming, too. It sounds like an accessory. Not encouraging, but I'm I'll be suckered into buying it. I'm considering both the Famicom and NES classics, despite already owning most of the games multiple times.

Yeah.

On the other hand I think Nintendo console hardware has been appallingly ugly and uninteresting for many generations now, so I dunno.

I kind of wish they would just play it safe and make one handheld that works as a nostalgia machine w/all generations of Nintendo titles available and you can plug it into the tv to play with friends as wel.