Sign in to follow this  
PONYGIRL

Ihmemaassa - corsets & fashion collection

in june I released my website and my corset making business. I am a member of a local cultural co-operative society called "Kide". the membership of this co-operative society lets me invoice my clients and I can pay for taxes and other stuff. working through a co-operative society is "easier" way of being a private entrepreneur since there is no such risks even if I won't get enough customers.

my brand is called Ihmemaassa. my first name is Liisa and in Finnish "Alice in Wonderland" is translated into "Liisa Ihmemaassa" so picking up the name for my business was easy.

now Ihmemaassa consists of custom-made corsets and a small clothing collection of mine. my fashion collection just got a bit bigger, now it has two outfits. a skirt and top called Judith and a dress called Minea.

judith03.jpgminea01.JPG

Ihmemaassa-collection

my style is military but very feminine. I want to clothe women who are not afraid to wear bold garments and look stylish. I do not follow trends, I try to create clothing that looks good year in, year out. Ihmemaassa-collection is based on a size chart but each garment is pretty much made to measure. I want women to look good in my clothing.

the biggest thing for me is corsets. I love everything about them, the history, the patterns, the styles. how a corset can modify a body. each corset is made to a personal body. that's why there are two corsets that are the same. you can find pictures of corsets I've made here.

even though my website is in Finnish, here it is!

www.ihmemaassa.fi

please feel free to comment and share! thank you :)

damn that dress is badass! i'm not crazy about army green but i would wear that dress and love it

also loved the story of the name and those corsets are a lovely mix of looking professional but with a handmade attention to detail

aaww thank you so much! actually this dress can be made with any colour or material. I do not have any stock of fabric, so each product I make is a unique piece. the materials and colours can be whatever the customer wants :)

KK09.jpg

it is ready! ART CORSET! check more out at my website: Ihmemaassa!

you propably won't understand the finnish language but there are plenty of pictures of the art corset i have made.

the corset is hand painted, the base was white. i painted the base colour and pictures all by myself and i am so so so happy with this corset!

it's the most beautiful thing i have ever created! 

waiting for to make more new art corsets! if you have a great idea for an art corset, please tell me :)