snow

Ill Wind

I really noticed a difference on btw/spectre 7' vs the downloads of both songs.

So I typically spin that shit as much as I can.

Awesome, hopefully the SE vinyl is a similar thing

Not sure - unfortunately I got one of the fabled shit AMSP vinyls. In most spots the thing sounds perfect but on side B and D I'm getting all kinds of skips and scratches.

Still a fantastic album no matter which way you listen to it.

Best description I can think for this song right now: it sounds like what lp9 would've sounded like if they recorded an album right off of the end of the tkol tour, in 2013. That blend of electronics with more live percussion, this track is a tasty grower

Its nice (assuming its the same pressing as the original vinyl release) but don't get comfortable listening too it, as you have to get up to flip the black stuff more times than I'd like.

Not sure - unfortunately I got one of the fabled shit AMSP vinyls. In most spots the thing sounds perfect but on side B and D I'm getting all kinds of skips and scratches.

Still a fantastic album no matter which way you listen to it.

I'd not heard about this before... my vinyl is nice and clean across all sides. I do find I have to wash all my 'new' vinyl with distilled water and a little surfactant to remove the release agent, and all the crap and dust from the packaging. I now almost never play a new LP without cleaning it first.

Best description I can think for this song right now: it sounds like what lp9 would've sounded like if they recorded an album right off of the end of the tkol tour, in 2013. That blend of electronics with more live percussion, this track is a tasty grower

I don't care what everyone says about you (;)) - you nailed this on the head.

Its nice (assuming its the same pressing as the original vinyl release) but don't get comfortable listening too it, as you have to get up to flip the black stuff more times than I'd like.

I'd not heard about this before... my vinyl is nice and clean across all sides. I do find I have to wash all my 'new' vinyl with distilled water and a little surfactant to remove the release agent, and all the crap and dust from the packaging. I now never play a new LP without cleaning it first.

https://m.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/4p63s3/radiohead_a_moon_shaped_pool_pressing_unlistenable/

Mines not as bad as others report - but just the same.

Bummer :icon_cry:  I did clean mine before putting it on for the first time, and thankfully its seems good.... is yours the black or white vinyl?

Some pressings are poor though... I bought David Gilmour's Rattle That Lock new, and despite a good clean is still noisy and crackly... I also just got Talk Talk's The Colour of Spring and Spirit of Eden recently and they are perfect.... I didn't even need to wash them, as they were pristeen and static free.... which is a first for me.

I am newer to the vinyl game - so I've got a lot to learn about caring and maintaining.

I have both - the white vinyl is the one that is a mess. Although I've heard any "non-standard" vinyl ( ones that are colored, or have pictures, etc) are usually a little more likely to be crap. Something about the wax being altered or compromised.

It's definitely a different medium than what I'm used to. But i do rather enjoy it.