where did you grow up?

Uh  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Yes.

• I grew up in a densely populated city
    • I grew up RIGHT outside a densely populated city
    • I grew up in a large town/small city
    • I grew up in a suburb/town
    • I grew up in the boondocks/way out. We out here.
    • I grew up in many different places.

did you grow up in, near, outside, or way outside a city?

i grew up RIGHT outside of boston. dorchester (a neighborhood of boston) was only a couple miles from my house. in high school we had to use public transportation and stuff and you can see downtown from my parents' house so, pretty dang close to the city. plus some nights if the sound travelled well i could hear the subway. i live in the city now, but i am starting to appreciate the quiet life.

how about you?

I grew up a lot of different places, but I guess they would all qualify as the boondocks. Even now, I live well outside the city. It's about a half hour commute just to the suburbs. Honestly, the focus around cities is kind of weird to me. I know that probably most of the people here are in large cities, but I spent most of my child far away from cities in towns that would probably be considered villages by most people, places with populations of less than 10,000. I guess that's probably why I still live outside the proper city now even though I commute to it (or at least the outskirts) almost every day. It's just not my normal speed.

city of 4mil. perfect size.i judge ppl who grew up right outside. to me its the same as suburbs

well i guess by definition they are both suburbs, but it just felt like i never grew up in a town 10 miles outside boston.

i dont think inside/outside city is that useful. maybe how densely populated was the county you grew up in works better... like, there's suburbs in north jersey that are more dense than most american cities.

cassie as a native of connecticut, was it more common for people to go to boston or nyc?

hmmm i'd have to say boston for a couple reasons. it's MUCH more accessible, i definitely think traffic and construction aren't as bad heading into boston but tbh i haven't been to either in at least a year or two so i don't know if that's still true. there's also the huge sports base in boston w/the bruins and sox, so many kids from my town alone go to those games. then there's size, i think because it's smaller it doesn't seem like as much of a ~real trip~ ya know? like hey guys let's just jump in the car and go to boston, no big deal! but for nyc i feel like you need more planning and such so it's the less attractive option if you just want to go somewhere out of impulse. and for me just in general there's something anxiety inducing about going to nyc, it requires a certain mood