Every Radiohead album since the bends really need a remaster

Guest Cygnus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bilderberg?

oh god, get a fucking life.

Also, Alex Jones needs to be marooned on a small island full of venomous plants and animals.

Yeah, I mean - I agree about Alex Jones.

But I am really interested how "bilderberg" has become.... I don't know, "uncool" to you people.

One guy here equates it to the loudness wars (still not sure how) others seemed to agree, and now this flame starter above me just said get a fucking life.

Guys - what do you think you know about bilderberg to get so defensive about?

They do exist - they do meet. They did help in the construction of the EU system.

We can debate the other threads of theory or thought that stem from those facts - but those are facts.

i know plenty about Bilderberg.

"uncool"?

when were they cool?  lol

my problem is all the dumbshit conspiracy theories that surround them.

other than that, who cares, it's a bunch of old powerful people that gather every year to discuss world affairs etc.

oh wait no, they're really lizards that wanna dominate the world and create the new world order.

"uncool"?

when were they cool? lol

other than that, who cares, it's a bunch of old powerful people that gather every year to discuss world affairs etc.

oh wait no, they're really lizards that wanna dominate the world and create the new world order.

Ok.

I hadn't considered any of that. You're probably right.

Phew, for a minute there I lost myself. Etc etc.

Thanks FunnyHaHa.

"uncool"?

when were they cool?  lol

we are already under their conbtrol

To those who want to fake remaster at home:

http://www.studiodaily.com/2007/08/rescue-badly-recorded-audio-with-sony-sound-forge-9-and-izotope/

Even flac files are compressed, so... When ripping... Do not compress.

The finished product gives you a much more dynamic sound. *****but they wanted to release it like that ******

To those who want to fake remaster at home:

http://www.studiodaily.com/2007/08/rescue-badly-recorded-audio-with-sony-sound-forge-9-and-izotope/

Even flac files are compressed, so... When ripping... Do not compress.

The finished product gives you a much more dynamic sound. I think TKOL suffers the most, but they wanted to release it like that and they must be happy about it. Still, I like the album. All albums sounds like they are blasted thru a monkey butt these days I'm afraid.

flac compression has nothing to do with volume / dynamics and everything to do with the amount of data that is required to store the audio information.

open your eyes sheeple

http://www.mediafire.com/?xsx8oga6atxq5z7

Here is my "remaster" of bloom. No clipping now and the same volume.

Without the master tapes, it's no real remastering... This is just a test. Try it out.

I tried the same thing with the BTW WAV... and although its not possible to remove the heavy compression from the master, just bringing down the peaks so they don't clip (BTW exceeds 0.0db all over the place)  to - 0.3bd or so really helps, esp. on systems that hate being pushed to the limit.

permission denied

It may have been flagged as a copyright breach.

Yes, it does help a bit but there is only so much you can do... I wonder what Radiohead thinks about it.

They must approve the final masters, so one can only assume this is how they want it. To me it seems strange to painstakenly record something, and then trash the sound at the very last stage, for the sake of loudness.

I remember Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid album had an advisory on it saying 'Turn It Up' this LP has been mastered to preserve the dynamic range, please increase the volume on your system, or words to that effect. I wish others would do the same.

They must approve the final masters, so one can only assume this is how they want it. To me it seems strange to painstakenly record something, and then trash the sound at the very last stage, for the sake of loudness.

I remember Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid album had an advisory on it saying 'Turn It Up' this LP has been mastered to preserve the dynamic range, please increase the volume on your system, or words to that effect. I wish others would do the same.

****ow they wanted it, like ****een listning to the tapes***l from the basement and **fect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?81d3cqj67e7c5d4

This is my own remaster of tkol from the basement. *********