Sign in to follow this  
ro_

Olympics 2016

no thread for this yet! Yes it seems to be massively corrupt in terms of the buildings, and there is a lot to take issue with, but it's still fun to watch some of these games.

At the very least it's something to watch all day in the background.

the main sports stories so far seem to be the gross injuries, the collapse of the Brazil futbol team, and Michael Phelps.

What are you looking forward to?

The cycling road race was awesome. Love the parade of jocks in the opening ceremony and hot athletic bodies from all over the world. Looking forward to weightlifting and tae kwon do and track and field.

I don't care about any outcome but I hate the women's US soccer team after that rigged ass shit in 2012. Hope Solo more like Dope Wacko

i saw some rowing stuff on the first day and i was surprised anyone who realised they were gonna lose didn't just stop and admire the scenery for a bit. i'd try be on that lake as long as possible, never mind trying to break a speed record.

I can't believe Romania didn't make the women's gymnastics cut. You can't have Olympic gymnastics without them. But it's cool to see new teams like Great Britain and Netherlands compete. Netherlands has some pretty gymnastics and I admire the attempt at contemporary dance but it looked awkward. The Russians are bad girl fabulous as always. USA playing a whole different game.

Has  anyone else seen the videos of the French gymnast who broke his leg while vaulting, or the newest video of an Armenian weightlifter who broke his arm while lifting 195 kg? Each is cringe worthy in their own way, but the Armenian guy's video actually made me jump when his elbow snaps...Just horrible!