Open Letter to Radiohead

Sean A

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for open discussion. But if you just want to call people names, I have no time for you.

It takes time to tour the world and it definitely takes time to set up an Australian tour. The travel alone to Australia is exhausting and expensive. So I don't see how my response that Radiohead will get around to touring Australia is a "piss-poor response". Especially, if as you say, they are spreading out their tours so as not to wear them out.

Once they get through with their current tour, I can see them wanting to rest at home with families thru the holidays before thinking about revving up the tour machinery again.

Well... you may not win much sympathy by complaining about ticket prices within miles of your home, telling an entire continent to be content with "eventually," and then circling back to the upcoming shows in your city.

More power to you. They're playing Outside lands here tomorrow and I wasn't willing to drop ~$400 for tickets. If it's worth it to you, go. If it isn't, stay home.

The burden is not on the band to show anyone 'more consideration' for hypothetical shows they haven't booked.

pretty much the only band i'll spend stupid amounts of money on to see

Look, I know the band does not owe us anything. I do not think I am entitled to anything and I did not mean to give that impression. I was simply channeling my friends frustrations at getting shut out of Radiohead tickets and asking a reasonable question regarding the vast difference in the size of venues the band booked in NY compared to L.A.

Radiohead is a wonderful band in concert and I always tell people they have to see Radiohead live to get the full experience. Will they go the Beatles route and eventually give up touring to concentrate on studio work? I don't know, but it seems that the band is reining back on live performances just as it seems they are finally having fun on stage. Of course, like the chicken and the egg, it may be that it is that infrequent touring that has led to the band enjoying themselves more...it is not such a grind anymore.

I just feel sorry for some of the folks who won't get a chance to see them...people in Seattle, Denver, Florida, and other far-flung places in the world. Believe me, I know how lucky I am to have been able to see Radiohead in the past and to be able to see them tonight. I treat every Radiohead show as if it might be my last.

As someone once said: There are no guarantees in life.

I just feel sorry for some of the folks who won't get a chance to see them...people in Seattle, Denver, Florida, and other far-flung places in the world. Believe me, I know how lucky I am to have been able to see Radiohead in the past and to be able to see them tonight. I treat every Radiohead show as if it might be my last.

they've played those places.

i live in nashville where they will never play. i've seen them twice. 

there were well under 10,000 tickets available for their only UK shows

their home country 

their only shows were in london in a very small venue to a very small number of people

why did they give more tickets to LA wankers rather than normal people in the UK?

who knows

what i do know is that whining like a little bitch is not going to change owt

they've played multiple festivals this year, none of which sold out immediately so if you were really desperate you could have gone to one of them tbf tbh