Sign in to follow this  
-Ryan

RIP alan vega

very sad to hear about this. Suicide were big for me.

favourite song was probably Frankie Teardrop for its peak unsettling vibe. and also can't think of that song without thinking of Very Friendly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwLj2K124Mg

TG are up there with my very favourite bands and Suicide always felt like their musical cousins or something. 

impressed that they were still performing fairly recently too and the people i know who went to one of those shows here in the UK said it was incredible so props for lasting until his 70s and still being a badass

Self titled blew my mind a little when I first heard it. The idea of a "punk" band playing weird 50s influenced rock on synths with the scariest singer around was just so perfectly up my alley.

i dunno where it was i read someone making the association between frankie teardrop and the balld of hollis brown but it makes total sense. not just the subject matter but the appropirately slow, gnawing, repetitive nature of the music

it'd be kind of weird if they were young dudes for that first album

it's disturbing in a way not really fitting of "guys in their early 20s trying to make disturbing music"

i never thought too much of it though, the guy had a weird sporadic kind of career to me, some interesting stuff scattered about the post-77 years