Sign in to follow this  
box

NBA 16/17

well this really says something then doesn't it? after nine years, I'd be wondering if I should just switch teams too.

he's the reason they just lost to the team he joined lawl

he's the reason they just lost to the team he joined lawl

I wasn't aware of that.  Maybe part of him didn't have the heart to play for the thunder anymore.  He just wasn't feeling it perhaps.  The move makes even more sense in light of that.  If the star player is having doubts about being on his team, why imagine a world where he stays at all?  This is just the way the team worked out, and it happens to come at a time when the Warriors are stacked.  It might be a bit of an unbalance for a while to come in the league, but that's also a part of the NBA.  You get dream teams and they dominate and win multiple championships.  That's how franchises build legacy, something the Warriors are just beginning to do.  My personal preference would have been the Clippers - that's a really promising team and I feel like he could have done something there.  

I just don't want you to believe that the NBA is hopeless now!  I think there will be plenty of contenders.  I mean I hope so.

well this really says something then doesn't it? after nine years, I'd be wondering if I should just switch teams too.

Oh nah I meant HE didn't play to his potential

The team that just broke the regular season win record just added the previous MVP to their roster while retaining the current 2 time winning MVP. It's highly likely they ruin the leagues parity next year. This is basically unprecedented in all of professional sports.

i dunno, you guys, as a baseball fan i can tell you it may seem heartbreaking but these things have a way of working out ok.  guys leave the team and go elsewhere and you think its the end of the world, but half the time they tank for the new team, and you realize you dodged a bullet.  and theres always those new guys coming up who make it exciting.

Oh nah I meant HE didn't play to his potential

The team that just broke the record season win record just added the previous MVP to their roster while retaining the 2 time winning MVP. It's highly likely they ruin the leagues parity next year.

That's interesting,  I didn't watch that series.  Went to seven games though, I thought he did alright?  I think that says something about his commitment to the Thunder though.  If he wasn't going to put in a championship performance with them then I'd argue it's better for the NBA as a whole for him to go where he feels comfortable. 

And with regards to your second comment, all those records the warriors broke don't mean shit because they lost the championship to the Cavs.  And I think they easily could again even with Durant.

We'll see how easily or not they steamroll the west.  

i dunno, you guys, as a baseball fan i can tell you it may seem heartbreaking but these things have a way of working out ok. guys leave the team and go elsewhere and you think its the end of the world, but half the time they tank for the new team, and you realize you dodged a bullet. and theres always those new guys coming up who make it exciting.

lol I appreciate it but you have no idea how bad this is!!!

There are literally (like actually LITERALLY) two teams that could win the NBA title next year and the Warriors are the heavy favorites over that team. It's really gross.

There are no other great teams in the west except maybe San Antonio and they couldn't beat them LAST YEAR

I defer to your experience and give you 5-1 odds for the WCF.

I still think the Cavs will defeat them in the championship though and I'll bet on that 10 to 1.

Use Venmo?

I'm not as mad at Durant as I thought I would be. Putting myself in his shoes, you have a really rare opportunity to be part of a dynasty that could go on to win maybe 5 or 6 championships, it's hard to turn down. I get him.

I get it for him I just hope Draymond and Klay fall off a cliff and... Not die but maybe don't play basketball for 5 years

OKC is also ruined

I feel awful for Westbrook he's going to join the Lakers or some shit

We will see the 3 best players in the NBA in the Finals next year, that's pretty neat too.

Golden State might sweep Cleveland bro

Man I don't think Durant deserves a pass on this at all unless he's able to turn this into the greatest dynasty of all time. Guess time will tell, but I lost a ton of respect for him today.

Everyone said the same thing about lebron too, but Durants outdone the decision besides the cringe worthy spectacle that lebron made his exit. Idk if that will result in him getting booed at every away game he plays, but it seems likely. It's basically impossible to think he'll ever get the redemption lebron earned this year.

I've been the same level of warriors fan my whole life ie not much of one, I've been transparent in this. still think you guys are silly and make it way to easy and fun to troll you.

also I supported lebron on the heat and I support this