Sign in to follow this  
box

NBA 16/17

man, i don't really watch basketball usually. i remember asking you guys a couple years ago if the warriors were a good team and most of you who had a comment said the warriors were an underrated and good team. then they won a championship and a couple mvp titles and suddenly you guys have this raging hatred for them. i mean, seriously. its amusing.

what can i say? kevin durant likes them. seems like they can't be that bad.

He just destroyed the franchise he left and joined a team that he couldn't beat because he underperformed

And the Warriors became cocky and annoying, sorry for not being able to stomach their nonsense and bandwagon fanbase (see: mooks apparently). It's not irrational to be upset that a cocky team that literally hits people in the nuts repeatedly and brags about their next level thinking get rewarded for failure

He just destroyed the franchise he left and joined a team that he couldn't beat because he underperformed

And the Warriors became cocky and annoying, sorry for not being able to stomach their nonsense and bandwagon fanbase (see: mooks apparently)

apparently he and curry are buds.  maybe has something to do with it.  that and the fact that the warriors are . . . what do they call that in baseball?  a contending team.  i remember when lebron left cleveland and went to miami, and the fucking uproar over that.  players go where they want for a variety of reasons. part of sports.

and sorry, but i don't get that - the few games i did watch during the finals i didn't see the warriors behave any way the players on other teams didn't.  they're all cocky.  basketball and football, man, all about chest-beating.

Shits so weak. Won't hold the championship or Durant in very high regard if they win. Would love to see lebron stomp the shit out of them.

um, you just did.  can't enjoy it?   man, championships are over so soon.

apparently he and curry are buds. maybe has something to do with it. that and the fact that the warriors are . . . what do they call that in baseball? a contending team. i remember when lebron left cleveland and went to miami, and the fucking uproar over that. players go where they want for a variety of reasons. part of sports.

and sorry, but i don't get that - the few games i did watch during the finals i didn't see the warriors behave any way the players on other teams didn't. they're all cocky. basketball and football, man, all about chest-beating.

This is like so so so so much worse than what Lebron did.

The league is literally ruined for the next 3 years at least. I'm sad as a basketball fan.

both of them should be banned from the hall of fame if they don't win a ring. 

the playoffs feel so pointless now, unless lebron can get someone to help.  

um, you just did. can't enjoy it? man, championships are over so soon.

I mean yeah, but now the stakes are through the roof. And this is more like lebron leaving Cleveland for Boston in 2010, which would have been basically considered treason. Going to Miami was bad enough.

Durant literally had this team on the ropes and blew it, and then joined them a couple of months later. Lebron battled Boston for years before deciding there wasn't enough in Cleveland to beat them. He didn't join them.

apparently he and curry are buds. maybe has something to do with it. that and the fact that the warriors are . . . what do they call that in baseball? a contending team. i remember when lebron left cleveland and went to miami, and the fucking uproar over that. players go where they want for a variety of reasons. part of sports.

and sorry, but i don't get that - the few games i did watch during the finals i didn't see the warriors behave any way the players on other teams didn't. they're all cocky. basketball and football, man, all about chest-beating.

he was on a contending team. He blew a two game lead in the wcf

If he stayed where he was the thunder would be the best team in the league. Instead he left to join what was already the best team in the league. It's fucking wack

There is literally no comparison in baseball that can describe how wack this was

I agree cindy. People already talking like next year's over. Don't understand the warriors hate. The franchise is just kicking into gear, why shouldn't a player of durants caliber join? As a basketball fan I'm pretty excited.

I don't care if he wanted to leave but it's just a weak move to pick THIS team. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for him basketball wise. I'm just disappointed he took such an easy way out, and no less with the team that eliminated him. There isn't another superstar move in league history that compares to this.

if its a contending team then why does his leaving hurt them so much?  you can't have a 1 player team.  surely they have someone who can fill his shoes?

That's what I've been reading.  Westbrook helped out Durant alot, but in the nine years he committed to the Thunder there hasn't been a really exceptional team behind him.  Durant's explanation makes perfect sense to me.  He wants to play with a team that will give him a new experience as a pro.  Jerry West even encouraged this course of action.  Don't understand how this ruins the game at all.  I'm really excited to see the warriors playing with Durant.

You really don't get how important single players are basketball Cindy lol.

The team that just won a championship wouldn't have made the playoffs if their best player wasn't on it.

There wasn't an exceptional team behind him?

Without injuries they would have won the title already. What the fuck are y'all on

It isn't a one player team. He had Westbrook. They've been a contender for years but never played to their potential when it counted. there's no way I'm getting swayed even a little bit on this. It's weak.

There is no talking me into this, if you don't recognize how fucked the NBA and the Thunder are right now please give me some of that crack rock you are on

It isn't a one player team. He had Westbrook. They've been a contender for years but never played to their potential when it counted. there's no way I'm getting swayed even a little bit on this. It's weak.

They were a contender, and now they're not. That's just how it works.  Other teams will rise from their ashes.

well this really says something then doesn't it?  after nine years, I'd be wondering if I should just switch teams too.