fyrfytrhoges

I just can't believe he did it.....

At first i was dissapointed too and i had this old version in my head and some others too.

But i finally and quickly love this one. You have to just let it go, let yourself float with it, it will get to you, you 'll see.

Watching this video i've seen others and this one is sweet, very simple :

This intro to EIIRP has maybe one of the best variations, it would have been a great way to explore it again.

We still can have another studio version on the next album ;0)

TLW is an okay love song overrated to oblivion and the AMSP version is the best version

Thom acoustic killing RH songs at the bridge school benefit on two nights in 2002 is anything but boring.  It's been one of my favorite (top 5) RH boots for years now and it is not even RH.  EIIRP, Morning Bell solo piano,  PA acoustic!!!!! ...etc..After the Gold Rush on NEIL YOUNG'S PIANO!!!??!!!

Do yourself a favor and listen to this boot if you've never heard it. 

I mean everyone who thinks a Thom acoustic set would be boring...

Thom acoustic killing RH songs at the bridge school benefit on two nights in 2002 is anything but boring.  It's been one of my favorite (top 5) RH boots for years now and it is not even RH.  EIIRP, Morning Bell solo piano,  PA acoustic!!!!! ...etc..After the Gold Rush on NEIL YOUNG'S PIANO!!!??!!!

Do yourself a favor and listen to this boot if you've never heard it. 

I mean everyone who thinks a Thom acoustic set would be boring...

One of my favorite boots too. I love Thom solo, with guitar or not. He's is such a passionate performer. 

Nothing will beat the acoustic version for me (in particular the version on the IMBW EP) but the album version is fantastic too in my opinion. All versions of TLW I love, such a lovely song

I think TLW is a pretty good song, especially the album version. But I've always thought a few of its lyrics were pretty cheesy. It doesn't surprise me that it was written in 95--or earlier. 

Do any of these lyrics seem a bit amateurish to anyone else:

I'll dress like your niece

And wash your swollen feet

Your tiny hands, your crazy-kitten smile

And true love lives

On lollipops and crisps

I don't care for the have your babies part.

i think it has to be a bit cheesy though, maybe a little cliche. Love is so very personable and anyone outside of you and your lovers bubble have the chance of laughing or rolling eyes.

So I take it for what it is. An extremely personal song peppered with cliches and inside jokes.

The lyrics and delivery of Don't Leave just kick me in the stomach though. It's universal.

The "wash your swollen feet" line has a very religious tone...Mary Magdalene washed Jesus's feet before he was crucified...It kind of reminds me a bit of that...

The lollipops and crisps line is also endearing...I envision one of them playfully scolding the other for eating too much candy and potato chips...

It is a highly personal song, and extremely moving in its sentiment...

The delivery of 'just don't leave' give me goosebumps every time, album and live versions alike. Also has one of my favourite lyrics in ('I'm not living, I'm just killing time')

I dunno about cheesy so much as creepy. I'm not living, I'm just killing time? This guy needs to move on.

I took that line as moments spent away from "her" are just killing time until "he" sees "her" again.

Like if I'm at work, I'm not totally me, not totally in the moment. It's when I'm with "her" that I'm alive I'm awake I'm whatever.

Yeah, the "don't leave" kills me every time. I really love how his voice crackles.

I actually love the opening line too. It has a lot of personal connection for me. So I can see the lines I think are a bit much as being personal for others. And I never thought of some of those lines as inside jokes or personal references. From that perspective, they are very endearing lyrics. I hope that's what it is and not just a really young Thom attempting his first straight forward love song.

I dunno about cheesy so much as creepy. I'm not living, I'm just killing time? This guy needs to move on.

it's a really relatable line, if you've ever been there.

Yeah, the "don't leave" kills me every time. I really love how his voice crackles.

I actually love the opening line too. It has a lot of personal connection for me. So I can see the lines I think are a bit much as being personal for others. And I never thought of some of those lines as inside jokes or personal references. From that perspective, they are very endearing lyrics. I hope that's what it is and not just a really young Thom attempting his first straight forward love song.

same i love the way he sings that line

i always thought it must be something like that too, doesn't feel completely serious to me but idk, maybe i'm just hearing what i want it to be