filmfanb

EURO 2016

What exactly makes Messi a cunt off the pitch?

He is in constant trouble for taxes--3 different incidences that I know of--and is well know to be pretty shitty to adorning fans. He ranks pretty high on charity lists, but anonymous sources often say he hates it and does it out of obligation and tax breaks. I have read many articles saying he dictates who plays and who gets traded on his teams, and that he demands pay increases every year.

Now, I'm not saying that is necessarily any different than most of your top notch players in any sport. Pretty standard these days. But Messi never gets slammed for being a standard cunt. It's always Ronaldo and the like because they are passionate and polarizing on the field. 

I don't really care about the tax thing. At least not enough to judge his character based on that. I've never heard these stories of him being a dick to fans but he seems like a pretty reserved guy that probably doesn't like the recognition. But the way he conducts himself in the public eye is pretty impeccable. Short of getting upset at times about decisions in the pitch he doesn't act like a petulant cunt.

I guess really I'm more annoyed by people with shitty egos more than anything. I can understand someone in that position being annoyed by constantly being approached in public or whatever. On the pitch he's pretty classy and comes off genuinely as a team first guy. Not to mention the way he responds when fans run on the pitch to meet him.

I don't think Ronaldo is a bad person but his ego is too much for me to handle. His constant whining in games and his comments off it are just pathetic. I guess it's passion but he needs to get a grip.

Thinking about it, it's maybe less his ego and more his complete lack of a sense of humor. Zlatan is a total asshole but at least he gets the joke and is entertaining.

I can agree with that. Zlatan is pretty douchy, but he really doesn't bother me. I even love his commercials and antics. 

And I understand the distaste for Ronaldo. He clearly acts a certain way on the pitch and it bugs me often. But I would never qualify him as a cunt. He's a really great person and one of the best footballers of all time. It bothers me to see him reduced to his tantrums by what seems like people who simply down like the teams he plays for. 

And I can say that I judge Messi more harshly for playing for teams I hate, as well. I guess it just gets old to constantly hear how absolutely perfect the guy is when he has just as many faults as Ronaldo or many other players IMO. But he is judged with a lot of leeway because of his demeanor, I think. Honestly, I think Ronaldo is more hated than Luis Suarez. It just doesn't seem fair to me.

Well with Suarez he comes across as just kind of insane. I think with Ronaldo it's just hard to understand. You're the highest paid athlete in the world, you'll go down as one of the greatest players ever, has the body of a god, exclusively dates supermodels and still manages to act like a bitch. He just needs some perspective.

Dont think she was invited to the yacht bruv

Batshit crazy moroccan kickboxer or summin that he's always going off to see is the tru love of his life

I reckon once he doesnt stand to lose so much money from endorsements etc later in life he'll become the most famous openly gay person evah or maybe he just doesnt want to have to deal with that idk

I don't think either Ronaldo or Messi are cunts off the pitch. Ronaldo shows his ego more, Messi is reserved, but they both seem to be level headed and have genuine respect for each other and love for the game. In terms of Messi and his taxes, I don't put too much blame on him for that, his dad was responsible for most of it and he was obviously slightly foolish to blindly go along with it.

Ronaldo seems like a great guy, all his bitchiness on the field can be off putting but it's needed for him to be the best. We're lucky to be able to witness two of the best footballers play. And Zlatan is just a hilarious cunt.

I don't think either Ronaldo or Messi are cunts off the pitch. Ronaldo shows his ego more, Messi is reserved, but they both seem to be level headed and have genuine respect for each other and love for the game. In terms of Messi and his taxes, I don't put too much blame on him for that, his dad was responsible for most of it and he was obviously slightly foolish to blindly go along with it.

Ronaldo seems like a great guy, all his bitchiness on the field can be off putting but it's needed for him to be the best. We're lucky to be able to witness two of the best footballers play. And Zlatan is just a hilarious cunt.

+1

wouldnt at all be surprised if wales won today, so nervous. i cant get the time off work so can only watch the first half, and listen to the second half. i dont think my colleagues appreciate how emotionally unstable i will be at 2pm

wouldnt at all be surprised if wales won today, so nervous. i cant get the time off work so can only watch the first half, and listen to the second half. i dont think my colleagues appreciate how emotionally unstable i will be at 2pm

i would like wales to do it purely because it would be fun to watch. england NEED a win or mentally they will be all over the place and england arent known for their mental stability. 

my colleague is off sick and i need to cover another office by myself so i am settling into watch this game for sure