filmfanb

EURO 2016

cunt

im gonna just say my favourite thing of the festival and that has been the fans. obviously irish were amazing but the fans in general kept the atmosphere going despite the negativity and clashes at the beginning 

this is everything

24147-11tiptv.gif

yeah that was amazing. there's a longer video/gif than this

I think 24 teams ruined the tournament. Other than the obvious aspects of suck, I wonder if too many teams advancing lowered the intensity and overall quality of the play. For example, unless you are Albania, you are basically guaranteed a spot in the round of 16. So teams play conservatively. I think a perfect example of that is Portugal.

Portugal won this thing fair and square. I'm so happy for their country and the team. But as some have suggested, that was anti-football. I'm a fan of the beautiful game. I want excitement and art (the only game that really came close to that for me was France/Germany). I think the tournament should facilitate that. Because in all honesty, any one of you would rather have your team win the Euro of WC in an ugly way than not win it at all. Can't blame the teams for that. Gotta make it impossible for teams to play like that and win.

Yeah but the best teams were the ones who may not have qualified.. 

Yeah but the best teams were the ones who may not have qualified.. 

Well, I think that's ok. I don't think the tournament organizations should change anything to force teams into a tournament. If they don't qualify, they shouldn't be there. 

But once the rightful teams qualify, only having 16 teams, where 2 advance from each group into a quarter final, would improve the quality of the matches bc more is riding on each one, especially in the group stages. 

This is just a thought. I was just thinking about why this tournament lacked so much urgency and intensity. It just seemed like the teams were in it for the long haul or something. Such boring, conservative football. 

makes it all the more fucking amazing that holland didn't qualify

some terrible qualifying results, and tbf their group had Czech, Iceland and Turkey in so not too easy of a group I guess...

but yeah, worst dutch team for years at the mo

some terrible qualifying results, and tbf their group had Czech, Iceland and Turkey in so not too easy of a group I guess...

but yeah, worst dutch team for years at the mo

yeah i hadn't really paid any attention to qualifying and then the tournament started up and after a day or two it occurred to me that the dutch weren't there but iceland and albania were which was a pretty wtf moment