Sign in to follow this  
(a)

London, The Roundhouse - May 26th, 27th & 28th

a female audience member let out a really loud WOO when thom was recording the vocal loops and it got caught in the mix for a few funky bars. I think he tried to restart them but couldn't focus and waved it off and was like 'fuck it'

'lovely to have a machine singing your praises innit'

:lol:  :lol: serves them well

Oooohhh what a night

I never saw you alan but i eded up queueing with pennys brother.

Anyway was a great set, and they did LSP which is one of if not my favourite song.

Also support was alright but her songs go on way too fucking long. It it progressively better though.

Brave to go support Radiohead though so respecccttt

OK guys, what a fucking night. I will respond to these and then go into my story.

i really don't like the talk about this being their last album ... they're never touring again etc ... they bring so much positivity into the world. so can filmfanb please make sure that whichever member of radiohead they meet realises this please.

I can with upmost confidence say that this is bullshit. I heard from a members wife that October is a month to watch out for. I get the feeling they are going to do a proper European tour after . Also, when I met Phil and complimented him on his Coachella show, my friend said he hasnt had the pleasure of seeing phil live and Phil said it will be a long time before he gets time to do a solo show again. So.....hope that helps

Oooohhh what a night

I never saw you alan but i eded up queueing with pennys brother.

Anyway was a great set, and they did LSP which is one of if not my favourite song.

Sorry man. I was outside for a bit but got in the side entrance for guests/vip

Also support was alright but her songs go on way too fucking long. It it progressively better though.

Brave to go support Radiohead though so respecccttt

She was alright. VERY loud and bass heavy. I didnt mind it but my friends hated her.

So, I was going to reveal all after the show but , lets say I got way too deep. I met too many family to feel comfortable enough to really reveal things. 

I have a friend through my bf who knows some of the guys from his Oxford days. He is extremely close to one of the members . I met everyone, I mean, EVERYONE from the extended family. Tonight seemed to be the night that they all went. I can probably get more in depth but not publicly.

I met everyone but Thom and Jonny....I was supposed to meet Jonny but they left very quickly after the show with my friend. 

Colin is strangely better looking in person. Ed is TALL AS SHIT. Phil is probably the nicest person I have ever met. He was extremely humbled by the fact I saw him at Coachella and is wonderfully camp in a charming way. Clive was lovely and him calling me Andy instead of Alan was a weird highlight. All their partners are beautiful. 

Nigel is fucking gorgeous in person. Seriously. I didnt expect him to be that good looking. Dudes eyes.....Also met some of the guys who recorded strings on the album who were amazing people. 

I annoyingly shared a VIP pass which my friend took when he went to dinner with jonny. Ill get that next week. 

My view was spectacular. 

Outside of that I met Edgar Wright (really short) and Cillian Murphy who once he made eye contact with me set up shop in my soul. His eyes are insane. 

There is so much more that went on and I cant think of it. I met far too many people, all connected to the band in some way. I felt totally out of place and awaked and like a tourist in some respects. If they even knew how much this show meant to me, in this space and time, they would be shocked. My friend found it funny that I could call the next song simply by insturments. 

LSP was a highlight, TSH also. The breakdown in Idioteque was leathal. CUTW was the last thing I expected to hear. BTW was stunning and Ful Stop was brilliant. GUTG was hilarious and its fun to see Thom play it off with humor. 

13320595_10153390786926065_6797780889639

i'm just gonna count generally berating at this point

also times he specifically berates jonny

i could see you editing it in real time.

just happened to be looking at it and there you were editing.

B)

OK guys, what a fucking night. I will respond to these and then go into my story.

I can with upmost confidence say that this is bullshit. I heard from a members wife that October is a month to watch out for. I get the feeling they are going to do a proper European tour after . Also, when I met Phil and complimented him on his Coachella show, my friend said he hasnt had the pleasure of seeing phil live and Phil said it will be a long time before he gets time to do a solo show again. So.....hope that helps

Sorry man. I was outside for a bit but got in the side entrance for guests/vip

She was alright. VERY loud and bass heavy. I didnt mind it but my friends hated her.

So, I was going to reveal all after the show but , lets say I got way too deep. I met too many family to feel comfortable enough to really reveal things. 

I have a friend through my bf who knows some of the guys from his Oxford days. He is extremely close to one of the members . I met everyone, I mean, EVERYONE from the extended family. Tonight seemed to be the night that they all went. I can probably get more in depth but not publicly.

I met everyone but Thom and Jonny....I was supposed to meet Jonny but they left very quickly after the show with my friend. 

Colin is strangely better looking in person. Ed is TALL AS SHIT. Phil is probably the nicest person I have ever met. He was extremely humbled by the fact I saw him at Coachella and is wonderfully camp in a charming way. Clive was lovely and him calling me Andy instead of Alan was a weird highlight. All their partners are beautiful. 

Nigel is fucking gorgeous in person. Seriously. I didnt expect him to be that good looking. Dudes eyes.....Also met some of the guys who recorded strings on the album who were amazing people. 

I annoyingly shared a VIP pass which my friend took when he went to dinner with jonny. Ill get that next week. 

My view was spectacular. 

Outside of that I met Edgar Wright (really short) and Cillian Murphy who once he made eye contact with me set up shop in my soul. His eyes are insane. 

There is so much more that went on and I cant think of it. I met far too many people, all connected to the band in some way. I felt totally out of place and awaked and like a tourist in some respects. If they even knew how much this show meant to me, in this space and time, they would be shocked. My friend found it funny that I could call the next song simply by insturments. 

LSP was a highlight, TSH also. The breakdown in Idioteque was leathal. CUTW was the last thing I expected to hear. BTW was stunning and Ful Stop was brilliant. GUTG was hilarious and its fun to see Thom play it off with humor. 

13320595_10153390786926065_6797780889639

awesome. glad it worked out and you had such a good time!

i could see you editing it in real time.

just happened to be looking at it and there you were editing.

B)

i've had like the longest two days working i honestly dont even know why i'm still up and i keep seeing people popping up watching whilst i just procrastinate and fiddle and i feel deeply ashamed but tbh fuck it

alan: amazing stuff. plz don't be wrong about october.

fuck I love you

one thing that just came up was seeing these guys interact with kids and family. weird seeing these heroes of mine just be themselves with their kids. my perspective of them has totally changed. 

i've had like the longest two days working i honestly dont even know why i'm still up and i keep seeing people popping up watching whilst i just procrastinate and fiddle and i feel deeply ashamed but tbh fuck it

alan: amazing stuff. plz don't be wrong about october.

i dont think i am.

the conversation went like this

my friend: so are they doing any other shows or is this it

women: this is it until october i think.

then there was a the phil thing

also, they wanted brixton but it was booked. the roundhouse was the backup. they didnt want to do the O2 again. 

i've never met any of the band but i have a mutual friend with Colin and in 2012 i went on a roadtrip from Sheffield to Strasbourg with my housemates. we all share this mutual friend and we told them about the road trip. 5 of us went but only 3 of us had tickets. the other two were my housemate's Dad and also her boyfriend and they weren't really into the band and just came along for the ride.

anyway, this mutual friend told Colin of our plan and he put the two of them on the guest list so they could come in with us regardless. we'd planned to all go back stage after just to say thank you for such a kind gesture. that didn't happen but it was a beautiful turn of events all the same.

all of which is to say, people always say dont meet your heroes but tbh i think its a beautiful and life-affirming thing to have people you really admire be humanised and i've had it happen with a few other people and it can be an amazing thing so yeah hope you enjoy that buzz for months to come, alan!

i've never met any of the band but i have a mutual friend with Colin and in 2012 i went on a roadtrip from Sheffield to Strasbourg with my housemates. we all share this mutual friend and we told them about the road trip. 5 of us went but only 3 of us had tickets. the other two were my housemate's Dad and also her boyfriend and they weren't really into the band and just came along for the ride.

anyway, this mutual friend told Colin of our plan and he put the two of them on the guest list so they could come in with us regardless. we'd planned to all go back stage after just to say thank you for such a kind gesture. that didn't happen but it was a beautiful turn of events all the same.

all of which is to say, people always say dont meet your heroes but tbh i think its a beautiful and life-affirming thing to have people you really admire be humanised and i've had it happen with a few other people and it can be an amazing thing so yeah hope you enjoy that buzz for months to come, alan!

amazing story! 

i agree with the above. my view of them has changed for the better. i kinda want phil to be my uncle or something. he is the sweetest dude i have ever met.