True Love Waits - Album version or Acoustic / Live Version

Steve

Was surprised to see there wasn't a topic to discuss this on moritigi tempo of all places.

Which do you prefer? I was super excited to see it on the album but think I still prefer the original acoustic version.  I find there's a bit of lack of forward momentum on the album version.

album for sure, BUT, i dunno if the effect would be as strong had the original acoustic version not been there and especially so long ago. it's like when you revisit something you used to listen to a lot and then forgot about it and when you come back it has an entirely different meaning or at least something big is there that you missed before.

Absolutely stunning lyrics. A few anomalies ...."your crazy kitten smile" versus "your crazy kiss and smile" etc... but absolutely heart-wrenching.

This studio version is from a man who has now experienced another 20 years of life....and you can feel the angst, the disappointment, the emotion broiling through in this version.

It is overwhelming at times. It will give you goosebumps, it will bring tears to your eyes. It is probably the most perfectly written song ever. Of any, if this is indeed the last RH album, what a fitting end.

Just don't leave.

I prefer the old version although it's not a song that I think  - 'it's been a while, I must give it a spin'.

This Moon version just leaves me cold and there are so many other songs they could have stuck in this slot. I've actually stopped listening to it now, it just feels a bit pointless for me. 

album for sure, BUT, i dunno if the effect would be as strong had the original acoustic version not been there and especially so long ago. it's like when you revisit something you used to listen to a lot and then forgot about it and when you come back it has an entirely different meaning or at least something big is there that you missed before.

yeah just hearing a studio version after all this time was so beautifully surreal im gonna have a hard time considering the question objectively.

also op shoulda made a poll <_<

maybe you didn't want to but you might still be able to add one if you edit the op

huge fan of both versions, or all four versions if you count the debut with Jonny's video game-esque keys and the 2006 era EIIRP version. maybe it's temporary, but I like the studio the best because of the statement it makes.

YEAH THAT