A Moon Shaped Pool vs In Rainbows  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

2. 2. Which song(s) on Moon Shaped Pool are equal to/better than the best song(s) on In Rainbows?

• Burn the Witch
    • Daydreaming
    • Decks Dark
    • Desert Island Disk
    • Ful Stop
    • Glassy Eyes
    • Identikit
    • The Numbers
    • Present Tense
    • Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
    • True Love Waits
  3. 3. Which song(s) on In Rainbows are equal to/better than the best song(s) on Moon Shaped Pool?

well i mean every song on that album rules so i dont really have a problem with that. jigsaw is probably interchangeable with some other songs on there depending on the day, but i'll always love the shit out of nude.

That "You'll go to hell..." part in Nude totally brings my opinion of it down.  It sounds generic of Exit Music.  

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and this is dumb. the note he hits during thiiiiinnnkkkkinngg is so great

I can't help it.. as soon as that part arises I think of the song Exit Music... I want to love the whole album but I have several moments like this throughout.  

a best of the last three albums:

ful stop

weird fishes

lotus flower

reckoner

the numbers

bloom

jigsaw

present tense

nude

true love waits

a best of the other three:

everything

i might be wrong

idioteque

scatterbrain

where i end

packt

how to disappear

there there

morning bell

myxomatosis

pyramid song

spinning plates

a best of the other three:

airbag

just

paranoid android

fake plastic

lucky

blow out

planet telex

let down

climbing up the walls

street spirit

middle period > late period >>> early period

early days yet, but at this stage i think AMSP is a vastly superior album - I love in rainbows for its warmth and I think its probably the most accessible and dare I say it 'poppy' Radiohead album but AMSP feels like a real collection of turmoil.

IR captures a brief period and a certain type of mood but AMSP has tecnhically been over 20 years in the making and feels like it - I have listened way too many times already and am at the point where I think I'm going to start finding holes all over it but everywhere I expect there to be a hole it's filled with something beautiful - just the texture of it all, the submission to melody, all of it - fell in love on first listen in a way similar to In Rainbows but I think AMSP is a rabbit hole you can just let yourself fall down.

I really dunno man. I'd enjoy in rainbows less if I put it on right this second, that's all I know.

this is how i feel about pretty much about every other album right now, and AMSP's novelty/freshness/uniqueness would be a lazy, vastly insufficient explanation. all i know is that the other LPs wouldn't give me enough of what this album has to offer. neither In Rainbows nor TKoL made me experience that when they came out (and i was ridiculously excited about the former). it's redifining so many things about the band for me.