rank

The LP10 Speculation Thread

Follow Me Around will undoubtedly be released with Kid A Eh, Kid in 3 years time...................

you joke, but that's a way better title than oknotok

sorrynotsorry

open the floodgates

skirting

wake me

i froze up

follow me around

didn't JG say they'd done lots of recording for AMSP? But we've only heard 13 songs so far from those sessions...

even if there isn't another album - maybe they could put these out as a mini-album...

they're all strong tunes, I think...

even if there isn't another album - maybe they could put these out as a mini-album...

they're all strong tunes, I think...

Maybe we'll get L10 sooner than usual because it was all recorded already and it will be like the Amnesiac to AMSP's Kid A? One can hope...

i always liked come to your senses

but no one else seems to

This is me regarding Wake Me. Unless opinions on that have changed of late. I've been MIA on the boards for some time, so need to catch up on things...

Maybe we'll get L10 sooner than usual because it was all recorded already and it will be like the Amnesiac to AMSP's Kid A? One can hope...

that's what I keep hoping for

I was really surprised by the lack of b sides or new songs. Is Ill Wind really the only song that missed the boat?

I gotta believe they tinkered with Skirting, Cut a Hole, etc. (which by the time a new album comes out will be nearly 10 years old).

And no new songs worth tryin out during the tour? Just a very odd thing. The last couple albums had quite a few b sides and new songs born out of the previous recording session.

Either AMSP was just hyper focused and they knew what songs were going to be worth their time or the band is sitting on close to 10 songs waiting for the right moment or accompanying sound.

I really doubt it will take as long as AMSP did. Surely they won't take another 2 year break.

Besides, just cuz we haven't heard any new songs doesn't mean they don't have them. Thom couldn't stop writing if he tried. And just because we know they worked on stuff like Skirting doesn't mean they were happy with the result. These recording sessions produced 13 tracks so far, which seems like about as much as we can expect from them these days.

The only TKOL b-side they had recorded by the time that album was released was The Butcher. Supercollider was finished later and obviously Daily Mail/Staircase came out of the FTB sessions. Even if you count those and TAMTW/Harry Patch (which is a stretch), that's only one more song than we got this era.

And Skirting on the Surface. I really enjoyed that song a lot. Felt like a Neil Young song.

It reminds my of a Funkadelic song "March to the Witch's Castle". Same basic groove. Great song though but I really liked Cut A Hole.

so i bought tickets to see phantom thread with a live orchestra and in some article about that the author casually mentioned jonny being too busy to work on that show becsuse he is reportedly working on a new radiohead album

idk about the integrity of someone doing that level of journalism but shrugging enoticon