pennyroyalty

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

I love Exit Music but as an interesting piece of music rather than an emotional experience, it doesn't speak to me in the way that songs like Let Down, Climbing Up The Walls or Karma Police do

huh, i always thought they ripped everything off the airbag chorus.

all their songs are called INTERSTELLAR UNIVERSE or some permutation of words of the sort for all i know

Pearly is definitely the Muse song

But the tourist is amazing. Exit music is a bit boring yeah. Kind of messes up the pacing of OKC a bit

Recently I'm thinking Karma Police and CUTW are the two best songs on that album

:lol: yeah ok

uh, yeah.

ok.

listen to their FIRST night in amsterdam, Jonny's use of that bow plucking on the guitar results in a sound that is out of tune. It sounds like shit.

it's not debatable. 

it's also not a big deal, these are fallible humans who make mistakes at the concerts believe it or not.

carry on.

i dunno about night 2 but night 1 was pretty damn good, not sure about soundboard?

Not soundboard, but fantastic audience recordings. Night 2 is the clearly superior sounding of the two, not to mention the better set list and performance. Totally recommended.

I love Exit Music but as an interesting piece of music rather than an emotional experience, it doesn't speak to me in the way that songs like Let Down, Climbing Up The Walls or Karma Police do

yeah exactly. i don't hate it and i can admire it in certain contexts but usually I end up skipping it on an album because it's one of those Radiohead songs that feels like it's trying too hard to make you feel something and just feels a bit wet. Main complaint about Daydreaming. Overstays its melodramatic welcome for me. Also Codex.

Live is a different matter. Performances don't feel quite so contrived.

i mean, it's not animosity as such. i don't hate it. it just doesn't do it for me the way something like HTDC or new TLW or Pyramid Song does. it's subtle and can't really put my finger on it, but i've ended up totally nonplussed by it, which is some ways is maybe worse than outright hatred considering how emotive it's obviously trying to be? dunno.