Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the bit after deaf dumb and blind is guitar rather than the strings innit? 

can't wait to see who plays what on Present Tense live, gona be ace. Jonny surely filtering/sampling the vocals if they keep that bit, so Ed plays all the loopy guitar? or is Ed gona be doing the sampling and playing a bit later on? 

the bit after deaf dumb and blind is guitar rather than the strings innit? 

can't wait to see who plays what on Present Tense live, gona be ace. Jonny surely filtering/sampling the vocals if they keep that bit, so Ed plays all the loopy guitar? or is Ed gona be doing the sampling and playing a bit later on?

guitars have strings...

The mixing and mastering are clearly deliberate.

For sure they are. I think the mix is great on the whole, and don't find the vocal too low as some seem to think. Some of the odd little elements can jar a bit, seeming to pop out of the mix, but its all deliberate, and exactly as they want it to sound.... There's quite a lot of grot and grim in there too, which I think adds to the vintage sound of some tracks, though some of the mechanical noise on certain piano parts are annoying with headphones on [tap tap tap tap tap tap]...  I'm also pretty sure the band approved the mastering as well and guess they wanted it hot and on the point of clipping... which I don't like personally.

That bit where its all like....

"deaf dumb and blind....

(string shit)

... In you Iiiii'm lost"

that's the number one moment on the album

for me it's the moment right after that where the bass comes back in, like i think that's the only part of the instrumentation that changes and they could've had this massive in your face re-entry but instead all they do is bring the bass back in with the choir coming to the top and it gives me goosebumps.

The Latitude PT was amazing to witness in person.

But I have to say that this studio version works wonderfully in counterpoint for me. It's a song about dancing and movement, and to do it solo acoustically or similar would have worked against the lyrics rather than with them I think.

It sounds like an In Rainbows track. Which is a massive compliment of course.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree that the treatment it received on the album is great for the tone of that song. It's literally that one line he sings that always seemed like the climax of the song for me when he belted that line and then ended it in the higher register falsetto, and I'm so used to hearing the song that way because I've had the latitude version on my iPod for what, 7 years. Now it seems like that climax is gone or at least substantially toned down which I suppose could be the vibe they were going for, I just miss it. But I do love the arrangement on the album regardless

they posted a short clip on instagram of glass eyes, they asked some people to do some, I guess for every track

I like these things, more and more to add for the "universe" of the album, just like in rainbows

good morning all you beautiful bastards

man, the fifth listen really cemented this album. holy shit what a work of art

"decks dark" is like a brain worm that just grows and grows

I'm travelling today so left a note for my wife predicting what track she will like the most ("indentikit") but then also left a tentative top three for me ("the present tense"; "decks dark"; "indentikit")

without listening for a day, "glass eyes" has been rattling around in my brain too

this is it. they did it. unbelievable.

Hi Guys, I'm new here and just have one quick question, hope I'm in the right place!

Does anyone know about the white vinyl version of the album? Supposedly Indies only and already sold out?

Thanks!

nope.

Keep the Aspidistra Flying is a good book, though.

• chroma unpinned this topic